JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Weekend plans (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2632846-weekend-plans.html)

navywifey2003 March 7th, 2013 10:15 PM

Weekend plans

Any plans for the weekend?

MamaSkunk March 7th, 2013 10:59 PM

Re: Weekend plans

Making DH paint and put shelves in the closets.

4hearts March 7th, 2013 11:26 PM

Going to a dinosaur exhibit at the civic center. My dad is going to drop the $ for that bc it was all his idea. Pretty sweet of him and the kids will love it.

bribugg13 March 8th, 2013 05:01 AM

Not sure, I know it's starting off with consignment sale shopping though! That actually starts this morning. The weather is supposed to be really nice so I'm not sure what we're going to end up doing!!

beatlechicksteph March 8th, 2013 05:03 AM

Watch Season 2 of Game of Thrones. Just picked it up from the library, and if our actions last year with season 1 are any indication, we're probably going to watch all 10 episodes this weekend...I probably won't need to get dressed at all LOL

sunnydaze March 8th, 2013 05:36 AM

Not a whole lot. DH is working the mason dixon youth wrestling tournament this weekend, 8 hours a day. I think I may sneakily paint the kid's bathroom and finish the mural in baby girls room.

Also, making curtains and a crib skirt for the nursery. I want to do something special with Sebastian since Alex is going to spend the weekend with his Nanny.

SassySami March 8th, 2013 06:07 AM

roller derby and hockey.. Maybe swimming BUT we have up 14 inches of snow coming our way. So we may just be staying inside :)

D&K's_mama March 8th, 2013 06:21 AM

Not to sure what our plans are, buts it supposed to be super nice this weekend so def looking forward to doing something with the fam!!! Soo ready for some sunshine and nice weather! Its been cold snowy and raining for forever it seems!!

Madison.Hailey.Zack March 8th, 2013 07:38 AM

Madison has dance saturday morning and then we are going to the local mall for a butterfly exhibit (I'm so excited) then dinner at my dads sunday to celebrate mike's and my grandma's birthday. Steak, baked potatoes and salad I cant wait!!!!!!!

LisaS March 8th, 2013 07:15 PM

Disneyland tomorrow to get a sneak peek at the new Fantasy Faire. Circus on Sunday! I'm tired just thinking about it. LOL!

Kim3 March 9th, 2013 04:30 AM

Our DS has a friend for a sleepover from last night. Making a huge breakfast this morning. Then I hope to go shopping for a few items for the nursery and try yet another paint color on the wall. (Don't ask how many I have tried). Then coming home to make a large dinner. My mom just had surgery on Tuesday and will be out of action for 1-2 weeks. Weekdays are hard since I work until 5:30 or so and then need to get to our oldest to swimming each night (yes - someday let me explain the crazy schedule of swimming before you let you kid join). I plan to make a large dinner so there are plenty of leftovers for my parents and then also make them something for Monday night (to pop into the oven). I will do the same with dinner tomorrow so that I have Saturday through Tuesday covered. Add Church to Sunday and potentially a nap.

hilachu March 9th, 2013 05:05 AM

family friend coming over to prime the baby's room
going to the home show tomorrow with DH

loveneverfails March 9th, 2013 06:12 AM

We went and saw Safe Haven last night. Today we're just hanging out around the house, no set plans for anything. Tomorrow since its going to be so nice out we're thinking of taking the dogs out to the dog park for a little bit.

MarylandMama March 9th, 2013 06:41 AM

Packing, packing, and more packing. T minus 13 days to the big move. My parents are taking DD to a model train show. She is majorly excited. The only little girl I know that loves trains like that, but she can't wait. Really grateful they are taking her out to do something fun so we an get some packing finished.

ashleykathleen March 9th, 2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beatlechicksteph (Post 27174712)
Watch Season 2 of Game of Thrones. Just picked it up from the library, and if our actions last year with season 1 are any indication, we're probably going to watch all 10 episodes this weekend...I probably won't need to get dressed at all LOL

We did the same thing with season 1! Then, we signed up for HBO just long enough to watch season 2 while it was on TV. You're going to love it!

We are going shoes and clothes shopping for all 3 kiddos. Then, DF and I are going to start the tedious task of rearranging kids rooms to fit the new baby. I'm excited and dreading it all at the same time.

Joanne Nicole March 9th, 2013 03:21 PM

It's SUCH a beautiful day today...Today's weather gives me hope that winter won't last forever and that spring will be springing soon...

DH and I spent a good portion of the day putting up the birch tree decal we got for the baby's room - It'll look like this when it's finished...
http://img3.etsystatic.com/002/0/673...54019_45ys.jpg

We managed to get the trunks up today, but not the branches, leaves, or birds. That'll get finished tomorrow.

Saturday night we have family dinner with my dad and step mum, and my brother and his wife. Then afterwards we play board games. I offered to make dinner tonight, and my lasagna and garlic bread were requested. That requires hours and hours of prep since I make the noodles and the french bread from scratch, and I had to stop at the store to pick up some fresh ricotta.

While I was out at the store I decided to stop by a gaming/comic book store to pick up an expansion set to one of the board games we've been playing (Settlers of Catan - SO much fun). A guy friend of mine recommended the store, I'd never been there before. When I walked in, there was some kind of card game going on and there were a dozen stereotypically geeky guys all crowded around the store playing and looking at comics. In unison they all turned their heads towards me and a hush fell over the crowd. I'm guessing they don't get too many women in there. It was too funny. And flattering, considering my very pregnant state. :)

Anyhoo. That's my weekend. I've got the lasagnas in the oven and I'm resting until they're done. My back is KILLING me!

TeresaV March 9th, 2013 03:54 PM

Hopefully getting the last of the painting done in the nursery. We just have the trim to do.

MarylandMama March 9th, 2013 05:26 PM

Proud to report we got a ton of packing done today. DD's room is about 85% of the way done, the guest room/place where all of the crap without a home gets stashed was completely done today, powder room done, DD's bathroom 75% done, another box from the kitchen done, and the family room is as done as it's going to get until the day before the move. We have to tackle our room and bathroom tomorrow. DD spend the day with my parents and they said she was wonderful all day. They even requested she come back tomorrow. So glad for that! :smile:

crawmommy March 9th, 2013 05:41 PM

MIL will finish the trim in the bath sunday then on to the babies room! I just plan to get the rest of the laundy done and hopefully get my room in order and remaining bozes unpacked & put away. Then dinner with friends Sunday night

ashnicole86 March 10th, 2013 06:31 AM

Ive been working all weekend...I have an easy 5 hour day shift today, and then it's home to start packing and digging things out of storage! I just realized this morning we only have 20 days till we move...less than that if the landlord finishes what he needs to do early! eek!:eek: