JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Mom/Kid Days (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2632964-mom-kid-days.html)

MamaSkunk March 8th, 2013 09:00 AM

Mom/Kid Days

So is anyone else trying to do extra Mommy/kid days with your older children before the baby comes?

Ive been trying to do extra special things with DD to make sure to build lots of good memories for her before the baby comes since this is my second and theres only a few more months that she will be the baby and my only child.

What things have you done with your kids?

Hopeful2BMommy March 8th, 2013 09:16 AM

Re: Mom/Kid Days

Maybe mommy/doggy days lol He's going to be so jealous when baby comes.

edgeofelise March 8th, 2013 11:26 AM

We will this spring when the weather stops being so awful. DD is also in a nap strike phase right now and it's meltdown central and she also won't sleep at night if she gets overtired, so we haven't been getting out much. It's been a rough month.

MarylandMama March 8th, 2013 02:00 PM

I love spending days out with DD and did every chance I got even pre-pregnancy. Yesterday, I asked her if she wanted to have a special day with Mommy today and she asked to go shopping and get macaroni and cheese (from Noodles and Co.) and pineapple ice cream (gelato). This was an exact replica of our last special day, but given the cold weather, it was definitely the best option. I'm hoping the weather warms up enough soon to go to the zoo and fun places downtown. I'm looking forward to taking the baby along in the fall. I love the idea of days out with my girls. I even got Lena a cute onesie that says, "I <3 Girls Day with Mommy." :smile:

MrsLat March 8th, 2013 04:40 PM

I have been really trying to spend a lot of time with the kids before this baby gets here. Since I am having a c-section, I know that recovery is gonna be rough and then it will be me and 3 kiddos so I imagine getting out will be hard.

I have been making sure to do crafts each day. Today Jocelyn painted my bath tub for me with shaving cream paint and we went to the park to play and bounce balls.

I am just trying to make a conscious effort to make some good, fun memories with them too these last couple months!

ashleykathleen March 8th, 2013 04:46 PM

Ever since we were at this point in the pregnancy with Kiefer, DF and I have made an effort to both make time to one-on-one things with Jaleigh. DF and Jaleigh have a weekly "date" to go do something just the two of them. They like to go to the arcade and play games, play mini golf, laser tag, and lately he has started taking her to the driving range to teach her how to play golf for real. For our weekly date, we go to the park, get our nails done, go shopping, etc. Basically, we both have our special things that we do with her to make her feel that special bond with both of us. Now that Kiefer is getting older, we have started doing the same thing with him. Our activities are a bit more limited since he is only two but he is really starting to get into.

Basically, we won't be doing anything different in the coming weeks than we are already doing. And after baby arrives, we feel it is important to continue this tradition.