JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   2 year old logic (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2633094-2-year-old-logic.html)

MamaSkunk March 8th, 2013 06:26 PM

2 year old logic

DD has been asking us to go get Tristan on a daily basis now and today she had a bit of toddler logic that had me trying sooooo hard not to laugh cuz she was so serious about it.
Well when ya want or need something ya go to a store....well she told DH today that he needed to go to the store and pick up her "little bother tistin" i didnt know what was funnier....her commanding DH to just go to the store to get the baby...or the fact that she referred to him as her little bother. (Usually she pronounces brother as buther....today it was bother) lol Kids are so cute and they really do say the darnedest things. :D :D :rofl:

QueenCrafty March 8th, 2013 07:31 PM

That's sweet!! Abri told me that we needed a scuba driver (screwdriver) to get the baby out. I guess she thought some tools were needed to open my belly button.

hilachu March 8th, 2013 08:10 PM

Re: 2 year old logic

love the stuff toddlers say
DS has been asking or stating not sure which "baby come out"
so freaking cute
once shes out im guessing hes going to say baby go back in!

ashleykathleen March 8th, 2013 08:11 PM

That's cute! I'm always amazed by all you mommies with young ones close to Kiefer's age who actually seem to understand a baby is coming. Kiefer is completely clueless despite my constant talking to him about it.

MamaSkunk March 8th, 2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashleykathleen (Post 27177575)
That's cute! I'm always amazed by all you mommies with young ones close to Kiefer's age who actually seem to understand a baby is coming. Kiefer is completely clueless despite my constant talking to him about it.

She doesnt always understand much more than a babys coming. Im not sure she understands he will stay or that she understands what a brother is. Shes been very baby and other kid obsessed as of late. Most friends and family have kids alot older than her. And all the neighbor kids are also older and since its cold we havent gone to the parks so i think shes wanting someone to play with and so she really attached onto the fact that a baby is coming.(which she calls even toddlers like herself babies) And besides...girls like babys more cuz of their dolls. I bet if it were something he was more interested in he would understand.

MrsLat March 8th, 2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashleykathleen (Post 27177575)

^^:ditto: My son doesn't seem to understand that a baby is coming. I have tried to talk to him about it and he just kinda zones out and goes back to playing :lol:

zkat March 9th, 2013 01:58 AM

Add B1 to the "I don't have a use for this info, so I am ignoring you" 2 yr old group. He is more fascinated by my ginormous boobs at the moment. Lol.

Kim3 March 9th, 2013 04:49 AM

Our kids are 8 and 10 and are getting the idea. We are using this child as an opportunity to teach them where babies come from (without that great an emphasis or actual looking) They know that we have a special area in our bottom area where the baby will deliver. They know she comes in June and I think they are fine waiting. They like having us all to thereselves. This way they can still do whatever.

MarylandMama March 9th, 2013 11:50 AM

Haha, super cute! DD has associated the new baby and the new house. We have been talking about both a lot to get her used to the changes coming, not together tho b/c there are usually different things that prompt us to talk about each one. For the last month or so, any time we say something about the new house, she says something like, "Go to the new house and get the new baby. Lena, baby sister." She will be confused, I think, when we get to the new house in 2 weeks and there is no baby! She told me the other day we need to get Lena a crib bed and two blankeys. (She carries 2 blankeys like Linus and she wants the new baby to have the same.) :smile:

Out if curiosity, when is your DD's bday? It sounds like she and my DD are a lot alike. Makes me laugh!

MamaSkunk March 9th, 2013 11:57 AM

DDs bday is 11-08-10. :) Shes gonna be 2 and 7 months when the baby comes. And with each passing month she seems to understand things more and more :D