JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Leaking! Already?! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2633347-leaking-already.html)

sunnydaze March 9th, 2013 05:16 PM

Leaking! Already?!

So I was sitting in the bath tub with my kindle, and it was wonderful and i start to feel drops, coming out of my nipples and down over my breasts. I look down and my nipples are leaking colostrum already!! :(

Man...I don't want to start with the breast pads already!

Anyone else?

MamaSkunk March 9th, 2013 05:20 PM

Re: Leaking! Already?!

Oh jeez that is early. Nope not me. But I had supply issues with DD tho.

MarylandMama March 9th, 2013 05:21 PM

I'm not actively leaking, but I noticed some very minor crusties on my nipples the other week and knew right away what it was. Checked and yup, colostrum already. I didn't have it until well into the 3rd trimester with DD, so this is crazy early!

sunnydaze March 9th, 2013 05:24 PM

I remember leaking really bad everytime i bathed or showered when pregnant with Sebastian, so I am hoping I was only leaking so much because of the bath. I'm going to throw an extra shirt in my truck and buy some breast pads for that moment when they really start....cause I know it's coming!

MarylandMama March 9th, 2013 05:28 PM

I leaked really badly with DD after she was born and my milk came in, but not before she was born. The colostrum was just there and I could tell bc I would get little crusties and I could express some if I tried. But it was never enough to drip or dampen a shirt before she was born. That came later when my ninja-cow supply of milk came in. :smile:

sunnydaze March 9th, 2013 05:29 PM

The first time I leaked with Alex I was pregnant and didn't even know I was leaking because it was warm. I looked in the mirror and had two wet trails down the front of my shirt.

You were lucky you didn't leak beforehand.

KellBell2621 March 9th, 2013 06:23 PM

not yet...i started leaking at 28 weeks w/ DS..i'm a little over 23 weeks now so i'm thinking within the next month or so i'll start to leak

edgeofelise March 9th, 2013 08:20 PM

Oh geez! I didn't leak with DD until she was a couple weeks old, though I could express colostrum around 35 weeks pregnant. I'd be so mad if I was leaking already!

laurenicole March 9th, 2013 08:33 PM

with my first I started leaking super early. I'd look down and have wet spots on my shirt. I want to say it was earlier on than now.

ashleykathleen March 9th, 2013 10:12 PM

I have never leaked during pregnancy but always, sometime in the 3rd trimester, I can start to manually express colostrum. I'm not there yet but I anticipate it won't be long.

I always hate the first few weeks of BFing before my supply evens out. I will leak through my shirt on a daily basis. And if we are in public and someone else's baby starts fussing, might as well get me a new shirt.

4hearts March 10th, 2013 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarylandMama (Post 27180004)
I leaked really badly with DD after she was born and my milk came in, but not before she was born. The colostrum was just there and I could tell bc I would get little crusties and I could express some if I tried. But it was never enough to drip or dampen a shirt before she was born. That came later when my ninja-cow supply of milk came in. :smile:

this and it happened that way with all three.

overlinmommy17 March 10th, 2013 08:44 AM

i have noticed some spots on my bra where i have leaked some colostrum already... i have not actively leaked like that but i say YaY for you! Means that those boobies are ready to make lots of milk for sweet baby!!! exciting.

MerinSun March 10th, 2013 10:38 AM

I had it happen to me pretty early on when I was pregnant with Alex. So far it hasn't really happened this time. I know some is leaking out because there's, uh, stuff dried on the tips sometimes but I'm not experiencing the drips yet, lol.

zkat March 10th, 2013 06:34 PM

It never happened when I was pregnant with B. I did notice some crusties the other day though.

~*Kudzu*~ March 10th, 2013 07:43 PM

M was complaining to me that the other morning she woke up soaked. I didn't imagine it could happen this early (24 weeks) b/c with my previous 3 I didn't leak before they were born and yet I had an AMAZING supply once they got here. I'm actually glad to hear that other ladies are having this occur as well... I can tell her she's not alone and it's perfectly normal. :)

navywifey2003 March 10th, 2013 09:29 PM

My boobs are gearing up they are really achy but nothing yet.

Kalynas_Mom March 11th, 2013 06:07 AM

I never leaked with DD at all but this weekend I started leaking as well! So weird. I'm hoping that means I won't have supply issues this time around!

QueenCrafty March 11th, 2013 08:01 AM

I've never leaked when pregnant, but I do have some crusties. Even though I weaned Abri last April, I never really dried up. I've been able to express a little since then