JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   March Chit Chat Thread (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2633460-march-chit-chat-thread.html)

MamaSkunk March 10th, 2013 09:53 AM

March Chit Chat Thread

Ok ladies too many of us have been quiet lately....so heres a thread where everyone can just talk about anything and everything :)

So how is everyones weekend going? My DH is finally painting DDs new bedroom so we can finally get her transferred and then we can start fixing up the nursery. I cant wait. :)

ashleykathleen March 10th, 2013 10:15 AM

Re: March Chit Chat Thread

Our weekend was busy! We spent all day yesterday shopping for spring clothes and shoes for the older kids, clothes for baby, and starting the process of rearranging the kids rooms to accommodate the new munchkin. I plan to spend today getting caught up on laundry and being lazy!

Big bonus of our shopping trip yesterday: found a new diaper bag when I wasn't even looking! It is bigger than what I already had and it has owls on it!!! I'm obsessed with owls :)

MamaSkunk March 10th, 2013 10:31 AM

Oh gosh i keep forgetting to get a diaper bag lol I have a Baby Phat diaper bag I had my eye on....maybe I will get it Friday.
And owls are super cute too!!

beatlechicksteph March 10th, 2013 10:42 AM

My weekend is going pretty good. We haven't really done anything, except watch Wreck in Ralph and 4 hours of Game of Thrones. I'm getting ready to motivate DH to answer application questions so I can finish off 2 applications for him. He has to answer TEN questions (7 for a job in Wyoming, and 3 for a job in Vegas) and of course NONE of the questions are the same...LOL

overlinmommy17 March 10th, 2013 10:57 AM

This is my work weekend... sooooo..... cramming in 25+ hours of work in 2 days. I wish i was outside ... finally some sunshine here;(

crawmommy March 10th, 2013 11:10 AM

YAY for owls Ashley! I am doing an owl nursery :)
This weekend it is raining here boooo! I wish it wasn't bc dh FINALLY found motivation let me repeat FINALLY and is wanting to finish a room in the basement that will be used for a spare bedroom when my parents come to stay then a playroom afterwards. Anyways last night he studded the wall and need to buy sheet rock but can't get that in the rain ugh!
MIL will finish the bathroom trim today then on to the babies room whoohoo!!
I am almost caught up on laundry which is amazing.
Ok and my randomness is done for now.

Joanne Nicole March 10th, 2013 01:20 PM

It's beautiful, sunny, 52 degrees out - and tiny little tips of tulips and crocuses are starting to poke up through the ground, and the snow is melting like crazy. I can't begin to tell you how happy this makes me. I love having all the seasons that we didn't get to experience when we lived in Arizona, but the last couple of months have been pretty brutal with all the snow and cold and overcast weather. DH, DD and I just went for an hour long walk. DD splashed in puddles and I even took my sweater off and walked in my tank top and soaked up all that lovely vitamin D. :)

The weather, plus finishing a bunch of nursery projects, and I'm one cheerful mama today!

MamaSkunk March 10th, 2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beatlechicksteph (Post 27181194)
My weekend is going pretty good. We haven't really done anything, except watch Wreck in Ralph and 4 hours of Game of Thrones. I'm getting ready to motivate DH to answer application questions so I can finish off 2 applications for him. He has to answer TEN questions (7 for a job in Wyoming, and 3 for a job in Vegas) and of course NONE of the questions are the same...LOL

Oh goodness where in Wyoming? (I used to live in Idaho and most of my older stepkids live in Wyo...so Im very familiar with it....and some towns are awful!!!!)

beatlechicksteph March 10th, 2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaSkunk (Post 27181848)
Oh goodness where in Wyoming? (I used to live in Idaho and most of my older stepkids live in Wyo...so Im very familiar with it....and some towns are awful!!!!)

Pinedale, Wyoming. It's population 2k, the school has REALLY good benefits, and it's like 2.5 hours from Yellowstone. He's also looking at applying to a school in Gillette, but the benefits aren't as good, and it's not as mountainy, so it's less appealing. Like the Pinedale school for being in such a small town would benefit us WAY better than the school he's working at now.

MamaSkunk March 10th, 2013 11:25 PM

Well I have an appointment in the morning with a new dr....this ones female so gonna see how this goes. My appt is at 11 so hopefully all goes well.

mommy220 March 11th, 2013 03:25 AM

I love Owls too. My classroom is all decorated in owls (down to the curtains) and my dd's room is all owls. She has the Pottery Barn owl quilt and matching framed owl prints and woodland/owl decals. :D

I am so tired this morning with the time change. My usual 5:30 wake up felt like 4:30 and I know I am going to be late.

Joanne Nicole March 11th, 2013 05:11 AM

I have GOT to get off my butt and get moving today, but I'm so flipping tired. Getting up at 6 (but felt like 5) might as well have been the middle of the night. Monday is the day I plan my menu for the week and do the grocery shopping. I've only got an hour to get that done before I have to take Fiona to her March Break swimming lessons, and then I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon...So yeah, it's not gonna get finished.

MamaSkunk March 11th, 2013 11:40 AM

Ugh i am with ya in the exhausted club there Joanne. Sleeping is getting to be a huge pain in the behind...cant get comfy...then when ya do it seems morning comes too soon. Lol i think i need a nap with DD today.

zkat March 11th, 2013 01:05 PM

I was beat last night, and I didn't do that much yesterday. No idea what was going on there. UGH.

On an off topic note, I just had to share the rug I found for Bourne's new room. I really cannot wait to get the whole thing together. I have so many ideas floating around and want to do them all!

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/121690588

navywifey2003 March 11th, 2013 01:40 PM

Anyone else see Oz yet?? Such a good movie!!

MamaSkunk March 11th, 2013 02:17 PM

Oh kat that is cute!!! We are redoing DDs room too. Cant wait til its done so i can start the nursery. Im afraid my DH has gotten alot of pink and purple stuff for DDs room so its gonna look like a pink explosion. Lol.

Lyndsay...no I havent but I do wanna see it. All my friends have been raving about it already!!

navywifey2003 March 11th, 2013 02:21 PM

It was really really good. My kids enjoyed it! I hope they plan on making more!

zkat March 11th, 2013 02:40 PM

I so rarely watch movies, so I doubt I will be seeing it unless I can B to get excited about it and that won't happen until it comes out on Blu ray!

navywifey2003 March 11th, 2013 02:47 PM

We rarely go to movies as well but I really wanted to see this one!

MrsLat March 11th, 2013 04:45 PM

Lyndsey--We really want to see that movie :) We have heard a lot of people say how good it was!

I had a mini-meltdown this weekend because my stretch marks have started :( I made it to the last month last time before they appeared but nope, they are starting already this time around. Booo...