JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Summer baby vs. winter baby (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2633742-summer-baby-vs-winter-baby.html)

MomtoKy March 11th, 2013 09:51 AM

Summer baby vs. winter baby

I am starting to think more about when baby gets here. With my first son, he was born in December, so it was very cold. With this LO i am due June 1st, so it should be quite warm here. Just realizing i have no idea what to bring to the hospital for outfits... Just a onesie? maybe a cute outfit with shorts? or do you still use pants? Never had a newborn in the summertime before.
Any thoughts on this?

KellBell2621 March 11th, 2013 10:00 AM

Re: Summer baby vs. winter baby

i'm in the same boat as you! my ds was born dec. 26th and this one is due july 2nd. i haven't given it much thought yet but i would like to know what other ladies are doing too :)

ashleykathleen March 11th, 2013 10:18 AM

I have had a summer baby and a winter baby already. With my daughter, it was over 100 degrees outside when we brought her home. I ended up bringing her home in just a onesie, thin hat (she was completely bald), and wrapped her in a thin receiving blanket. I may have put socks on her but i honestly cant remember. I will probably go the same route this time as well.

zkat March 11th, 2013 11:36 AM

Good question. My first was also a Dec. baby and I live in TX, so huge climate change.

MarylandMama March 11th, 2013 04:26 PM

I went with a cute onesie and skirt for my August 20th baby. It was triple digit heat in Va then. I will prob go with something similar this time.

Madison.Hailey.Zack March 11th, 2013 04:35 PM

I have two girls who were born in October and little man is due beginning of July. I plan to just pack a onesie with shorts and will see the day we go home if I will put the pants on or not.

QueenCrafty March 11th, 2013 06:16 PM

I had a winter and spring baby. The winter baby I had a sweatsuit and blanket. The spring baby I had a short sleeve outfit and a light blanket just in case (it was maybe 80 when Abri was born). It will be hot at the end of June here. Last summer it was triple digits.

crawmommy March 11th, 2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellydiane521 (Post 27184293)
i'm in the same boat as you! my ds was born dec. 26th and this one is due july 2nd. i haven't given it much thought yet but i would like to know what other ladies are doing too :)

My dd was born dec 26th as well :)

hilachu March 11th, 2013 07:32 PM

Liam was born August 25th so he went home in a onesie and cotton overalls and little socks
He was outside for a matter of maybe 1 minute before he got in the car