JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   I have to say something.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2634070-i-have-to-say-something.html)

navywifey2003 March 12th, 2013 10:22 AM

I have to say something....

I always get nervous when joining a DDC, it can be full of drama and it can be not an inviting place to be. This DDC has a similar feel to my beloved nov group. Even though we all have different experiences, different choices in birth, parenting, politics whatever everyone is respectful of that. Threads that I have seen locked, fighting matches whatever you ladies just discuss without making someone feel an inch tall for their choices. That says a lot about all of you as people. I am very happy to be apart of this group and I look forward to continuing this journey with you lovelies! :)

This is not an invitation to cause a locked thread though, just saying :lol:

zkat March 12th, 2013 10:26 AM

Re: I have to say something....

I agree with you 100%. I have seen so many drama ddc, that it made me really hold back early on with this one.

I have found it is usually one person or a very small group of ladies that cause the drama, but JM has been great about banning a lot of those trouble makers, so hopefully the trolls all go over to The Bump for their nastiness!

navywifey2003 March 12th, 2013 10:29 AM

Or cafemom :P

ashleykathleen March 12th, 2013 10:42 AM

Agreed! There has been quite a bit of drama in my son's DDC over the years and we are finally down to a smaller group of ladies on FB that get along wonderfully, despite our differences. This group has a similar feel to it and I love being part of it!

KellBell2621 March 12th, 2013 10:59 AM

i love this ddc! i know many mothers who can be extremely opinionated and belittle other women for their choices but i haven't seen that here. i am a mother who respects ALL mothers as long as they do what they feel is best for their child/children. and that is different for everyone!

Madison.Hailey.Zack March 12th, 2013 11:13 AM

I'm glad to be part of two wonderful boards on here :)

mommy220 March 12th, 2013 04:19 PM

I agree with you! I am happy that we have been drama free with still being able to share our thoughts and opinions.

TeresaV March 12th, 2013 04:22 PM

Agreed. I lurk on the other boards from time to time and can't believe how brutal some people are to each other.

Rissa6213 March 12th, 2013 06:53 PM

before i found this board i was on babycenter. Talk about drama!!! They were all soooo mean. I'm so glad I found JM!!!

D&K's_mama March 12th, 2013 07:28 PM

I love jm! And this board! :)

farmfourmama March 12th, 2013 09:44 PM

I've never been a part of any boards before but I sure am addicted to hearing what's going on with all of you! Venting my own needs and I really do love the positive environment!

QueenCrafty March 13th, 2013 10:54 AM

I agree!! I've been super lucky with 3 great groups here, but I have seen drama before on other forums. I get enough drama at work, so it's such a relief to have a group of women that are supportive elsewhere

overlinmommy17 March 13th, 2013 12:10 PM

This is my first DDC and I have really loved it. I didn't know what i was missing with the others. :)

MrsLat March 13th, 2013 01:00 PM

This has been my first DDC/forum experience so I am pretty lucky to not be a part of much drama! Drama and I just don't get along and I don't deal well with confrontation... so I am happy that it hasn't been that way around here! You ladies are awesome!