JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Mixed emotions...... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2634888-mixed-emotions.html)

crawmommy March 14th, 2013 07:41 PM

Mixed emotions......

Is anyone else feeling all mixed up about coming to the end of our pregnancies?

Don't get me wrong I am really excited to have 2 more babies BUT lately I am getting sad that it is almost over. I do not feel like I'm ready...I feel like I need a twins manual for one. I do not have everything ready for them like I would like. I feel like I'm running out of time. I feel like I cannot relax and fully enjoy this last bit of being pregnant because I do not have everything done. It does not help that dh is not very helpful with preparing :(
To top it off I am getting really sad that this will more than likely be my last time being pregnant. DH is dead set on not wanting anymore kids(unless we both babies are girls then he want to have another one right away...ugh) and I think 3 is a good # of kids but I feel a bit cheated on the pregnancy part. I really enjoy being pregnant despite all the crappiness that comes along with it at times. On the flip side I feel blessed to be able to carry twins and experience this since it is not very common and super cool.
Ok I think I'm done now, sorry this turned into a mini rant. I just want to know if I am alone in these feelings or if some o you ladies feel the same?

Hopeful2BMommy March 14th, 2013 07:55 PM

Re: Mixed emotions......

I think it's going by too fast. I've enjoyed being pregnant so much and I know I'll miss it even though I'll be thrilled to hold my baby. I've always said I wanted two kids, but thinking that I'd only get to do this once more makes me sad.

MrsLat March 14th, 2013 08:05 PM

I can relate as well. I do not feel ready for this baby yet and it does make it hard to enjoy the last trimester because I am so focused on what still needs to be done... I also enjoy being pregnant despite the hard things and I feel like this pregnancy has flown by so quickly.

beatlechicksteph March 14th, 2013 09:02 PM

I totally agree!! This pregnancy has flown by soooo fast, that I'm getting a little sad that it'll be over soon. Plus we have NOTHING for the baby. NOTHING. I know that will change (in the next 3 weeks we have 2 showers), but still the OCD planner in me is panicking a little. Plus I've really enjoyed being pregnant. Even though I can't wait to hold my little baby, I'm going to miss feeling him moving and kicking on the inside.

navywifey2003 March 14th, 2013 10:44 PM

Oh boy can I relate!! This pregnancy was so unplanned that it has taken me until now to have that extreme excited feeling. I am just now starting to enjoy the pregnancy and its almost over. We are pretty sure she will complete our family and it makes me so sad to think about. I feel unprepared and just not ready for her to be here or for her birth.

Kim3 March 15th, 2013 04:20 AM

I am very excited to hold our daughter. However, our children are 8 and 10. It is pretty easy now. I know that is going to change drastically. Not ready for the easy part to come to an end.

sunnydaze March 15th, 2013 05:52 AM

To be honest, I am not ready to be done, but not for the same reasons. I am more terrified for how our life will have to change all over again. Babies are hard.

I'm going to have to tote her around to football and wrestling practice, and suffer through the sleepless nights again and tote around all her crap everytime we go somewhere. I watched Sebastian put on his own shoes yesterday and I couldn't stop thinking about how nice it was that isn't nearly as helpless as he used to be.

I'm only 28, but I feel like I'm getting too old for this sh it. My oldest is 12 (today!), and it just seems like it is going to be all so exhausting.

This all makes me sound like a horrible person.

eshute March 15th, 2013 07:38 AM

I have really mixed emotions about everything. This baby was not planned and was the last thing on our minds. SO had actually left and been in California almost 2 weeks when I found out I was pregnant, then with the mess of breaking up but still living together and him not wanting the baby initially, etc really made the beginning of the pregnancy difficult. We've moved from Pittsburgh to a smaller town where my mom lives and we're having a terrible time finding jobs and no one wants to hire a woman that is 28 weeks pregnant. I guess my point is that I haven't really had much time to actually enjoy the pregnancy at all and I feel a little cheated. There's just been so much stress surrounding the baby. Of course I'm in love with this little girl already and can't wait to meet her. I've always wanted kids, so that's certainly not the issue. I just feel like it's been more of an inconvenience to everyone except me. I know my family is excited and SO definitely has come around and I know he'll be a great dad. I guess I wish I had more time to settle down with everything and really get around to enjoying it before she gets here.

Okay, rant over. haha.

edgeofelise March 15th, 2013 07:57 AM

I'm totally not ready, either. Well, I'm definitely ready to be done being pregnant. I won't miss that part until this kid is two and I catch sight of a newborn and biology conveniently wipes out all memory of how much I dislike pregnancy. But I'm definitely not ready to deal with a newborn again. DD is having some new and major sleep issues as it is and I'm already dragging. I know what we're in for this time and it's daunting.

But then I remember all the sweet new baby things that make it awesome and I know we'll be fine and it'll pass in the blink of an eye. I just hope I'm able to avoid baby fever next time because I'd really like to be beyond the baby phase of my parenting career.

MrsLat March 15th, 2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnydaze (Post 27198052)
To be honest, I am not ready to be done, but not for the same reasons. I am more terrified for how our life will have to change all over again. Babies are hard.

I'm going to have to tote her around to football and wrestling practice, and suffer through the sleepless nights again and tote around all her crap everytime we go somewhere. I watched Sebastian put on his own shoes yesterday and I couldn't stop thinking about how nice it was that isn't nearly as helpless as he used to be.

I'm only 28, but I feel like I'm getting too old for this sh it. My oldest is 12 (today!), and it just seems like it is going to be all so exhausting.

I don't think you sound like a terrible person!! I have some of the same feelings. My kids are only about 5 and 2 1/2 but it has been nice getting to sleep at night and them having some independence. I am scared about starting over.. AGAIN. I get the feeling that my life is going to be exhausting too. I am nervous for it and I have been having a lot of meltdowns thinking about how I am going to manage all these kids on no sleep and getting them around everywhere. (My daughter starts school and dance this year). Ugh... I hope everything works out better than I am imagining in my mind!

MerinSun March 15th, 2013 09:46 AM

Nope! I can't wait to meet this lil guy/gal :) I'm not a very patient person so I just want this pregnancy to hurry up and be over so that we can settle into a new routine.

I am a bit sad about the quick passage of time, though. This baby will be born at around the same time DS will turn 2. It makes me sad to think that he won't be the "baby" anymore and is turning into a little boy.

ashleykathleen March 15th, 2013 11:30 AM

I am having mixed feelings as well. On the one hand, I very much dislike being pregnant. This go round has been my easiest so far but, in general, I'm a pretty miserable preggo. On the other hand, this is our last and as much as I know in my heart that this is the right number for our family, it makes me a little sad to think this chapter in our lives is almost over.

I'm also not looking forward to sleepless nights again. I JUST got my 2 year old sleeping in his own bed all night long 2-3 nights a week...just in time to start all over again.

Kim3 March 15th, 2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnydaze (Post 27198052)

Does not make you sound horrible at all. I feel the same way (only I am 39). I love that we will have a daughter and how that will change our life. I do worry about how accustomed I have become to just saying, get your shoes and coat. Life with an 8 and 10 year old is different. You run 100 places. However, they eat themselves, go the bathroom without help, get dressed, etc.

mommy220 March 15th, 2013 04:52 PM

I understand. I think about the freedom I have now as far as my daughter is so independent. And it is so easy to 100% devote my time to her with still having time for myself. It is scary to think back to how hard those first few months were (sleep wise especially). I do think that this time I am able to go into it much more prepared. I have experienced how FAST if goes by so I think I won't be so overwhelmed by the infant care knowing how quickly that changes in the big picture.

I am anxious because it feels we have done nothing to prepare for her. It almost seems surreal that she will be here in a few months. I am so much more unprepared than I was with my daughter but part of that is, I do not have as much to prepare for! She will not have a nursery but will be in our room. When I had my dd, I had painted and decorated a nursery. This time, I have a few things I want to do/get/prepare but it not to the magnitude, we have tons of clothes already, etc.

I am super excited on the other hand though just to experience these things again after having already gone through it. I think/hope I will be able to slow down and enjoy it more.

QueenCrafty March 15th, 2013 05:31 PM

I have mixed emotions too, which is kind of why I'm unsure about being done. I generally enjoy being pregnant and all the planning and anticipation that goes along with it. This pregnancy has flown by I think because I've been distracted with work and haven't had the time to really plan and prepare. That makes me sad if this really ends up being our last child.

I totally understand the other viewpoint about babies being hard. It makes me a little nervous to see what we have ahead of us. I've had an easy baby and a super hard baby. I really don't want another hard one. It is what it is and I know I can deal with it, but reflux and no sleep really wore us down. Abri has been STTN for 18 months and has been potty trained for nearly a year. It will be a challenge to go back to diapers and sleepless nights

LisaS March 16th, 2013 09:41 AM

I'm mostly glad to know that this will be my last pregnancy and birth. I'm sooo thrilled to be able to get rid of baby stuff as she outgrows it/doesn't need it, clear out my wardrobe of all the pregnancy/post partum clothes, and be able to snuggle my last baby. But there is a little part of me that's not looking forward to giving up my weekly sewing nights with friends, the ability to leave both kids with friends or family to babysit, and sleeping through the night. I know that it's all a phase, and one that will pass all too quickly once she's here, but it was nice having some freedom. :D

loveneverfails March 16th, 2013 12:49 PM

I sort of feel this way. I CANNOT wait for it to be over and have my babies here but at the same time I feel like there is still so much left to do and I don't know if it will all get done. I want the house to be organzied but things just aren't happening. I really want the babies room pretty much done soon so that I can feel like some part of my life is organzied and ready to go. I was getting upset this morning that we have all these family pictures we've had taken and none of them are in frames and on the walls :( I can't even find SS's 1st grade yearbook pic or his 1st grade spring pic. I really wanted to get those up. I at least know where is 2nd grade one is but it's still in the package in a drawer.

rcjh12 March 16th, 2013 02:15 PM

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. In so many ways I'm just ready to be done. This pregnancy has been my most difficult in many ways, and I'm ready to meet little Omega. On the flip side, my kiddos are 9 & 6, and while not EASY, they aren't baby/toddler hard to deal with. Sometimes when my nieces (almost 3) are around and I see my sister getting frustrated, I think "man I'm glad we're through that stage" and then realize ... yeah, I get to do that all over again. Heh.

And then there is the whole 'we haven't done anything to prepare yet' thing. I know we'll get there, but with being sick and exhausted all the time, I have had very little motivation lately to get prepared.

Meh, it'll all work out in the end, but I definitely get the mixed emotions.

~*Kudzu*~ March 17th, 2013 07:22 PM

I am super excited for it to be over.. but then again, my baby is growing in someone else's belly! I feel like its dragging by and I have a countdown ticker to her due date on my phone and I swear it takes 48 hours for that thing to drop 1 day! :)
I can't wait to get Amelia here. I am NOT looking forward to starting completely over again... but then again, I am b/c I miss those times. Our kids are 14, 11 and 9... this will be starting completely over again. I'm just not sure if I'm ready yet!

overlinmommy17 March 18th, 2013 06:00 AM

I can totally relate! I am a little sad knowing that this will be our last baby for sure, but I am soooo not ready for a major life change right now. I am enjoying being pregnant even though it really hurts!! my almost 3 year old is driving us crazy with the temper tantrums. He sleeps in our bed and we need to get him moved into his own room before Maddie comes along! I know its going to be so hard at first as it always it with a newborn. I have been so tired lately that the though of that is very scary! I know that when i lay eyes on her it will all be worth it.