JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Baby weight (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2635094-baby-weight.html)

navywifey2003 March 15th, 2013 01:37 PM

Baby weight

How do you plan on loosing the baby weight?

Hopeful2BMommy March 15th, 2013 02:14 PM

Re: Baby weight

Breastfeeding
It better work lol

sunnydaze March 15th, 2013 02:43 PM

45 min of cardio 3x a week. 25 min of strength training 2x a week

MrsLat March 15th, 2013 03:13 PM

Diet mostly.... will be mixing in what exercise my body can handle. Probably a lot of walking!

D&K's_mama March 15th, 2013 03:27 PM

Hopefully breastfeeding will do the trick.it worked with dd she was ebf and no supplementing so I think that's what done the trick and hopefully will do the trick again.

crawmommy March 15th, 2013 03:30 PM

Oh boy why must you cuss!!! By the act if GOD I believe!! lol

jhmomofmany March 15th, 2013 04:18 PM

I'm staying active and eating right during pregnancy. As soon as I can after delivery I plan to start training to run a half marathon in the fall. Breastfeeding alone doesn't do it for me, but after Lucy I lost what pregnancy weight I had gained and then some by the time she was two months old, just by exercise (which I enjoy anyway) and eating real food to appetite. :)

Mom2LillieAidan March 15th, 2013 04:55 PM

A combination of ebf, diet, and exercise. Ideally I would like to get down to my prepregnancy weight from my DD, so it's gonna take some work.

bribugg13 March 15th, 2013 05:05 PM

With Connor, I was lucky enough to have the weight melt off within about 6 weeks thanks to nursing! I'm hoping for the same this time around, but will also get back on weight watchers around 6-8 weeks.

edgeofelise March 15th, 2013 05:10 PM

Once things calm down I plan on losing most of the weight by breastfeeding, walking, and going back on a grain-free diet. That's how I lost those stubborn last ten pounds last time. And of course the second I did, I got pregnant again. That's not happening this time!

Gen88 March 15th, 2013 05:15 PM

I'm hoping breast feeding helps lol also I'm hoping to be back to my normal not eating sweets everyday diet lol I'll be jogging and hopefully joining a gym for some weight raining as well.

KellBell2621 March 15th, 2013 05:30 PM

hoping breastfeeding helps me this time, with ds i didn't lose anything! (i had the worst bf'ing cravings though) i plan on doing weight watchers and trying to walk as much as possible, just mild workouts. i've been trying to stay somewhat active during this pregnancy so im hoping that helps too

MarylandMama March 15th, 2013 05:51 PM

With DD, I only gained 20 pounds and it was all gone within a week of giving birth. I think what wasn't baby and related stuff was fluid. I lost a few more pounds from pumping like a mad woman. However, I made the mistake of continuing to eat the way I did when I was pumping after I stopped. Then I packed on some weight. Ugh. I hope not to make that mistake again. I will have to be careful not to.

QueenCrafty March 15th, 2013 06:03 PM

Breastfeeding doesn't really work for me. I tend to hold on to an extra 5-10 pounds while I'm nursing. My appetite increases while nursing too. I'm hoping that by still being active during the pregnancy, that it will be easier to get back to running once I get the okay. Plus, the friend that I run with said she'd be banging down my door at 6 weeks pp to start training for another half marathon in the fall. I lost a crazy amount of weight training for my half last year

zkat March 15th, 2013 07:22 PM

EBF, vegan diet and training for half and full marathon.

shen7 March 15th, 2013 08:30 PM

EBF, baby wearing and walking and the usual SAHM stuff (I am way less sedentary as a SAHM than I was as a desk worker!! Toddler chasing and mess-cleaning can really add up), some postpartum yoga to get the abs back together. I have never had an issue with overweight though so I am not concerned. With DD I got really skinny by about 8-10 months postpartum and had to get all new pants, it was crazy, and then I struggled to put on enough weight and body fat to get pregnant again while BFing. She is a huge girl and loved the boob and I think she just sucked all the calories out of me!!

ashleykathleen March 16th, 2013 05:25 AM

I plan on breastfeeding and walking for the first few weeks until I get cleared for regular exercise. After that, I plan on cardio and strength training to build back up to doing P90X like I was before. I hope to complete P90X by the end of the year.

LisaS March 16th, 2013 08:57 AM

Breastfeeding and being a (not) SAHM. My kids like to be busy, and our summers are always so full of activities. I also babywear, so that might help a little. With DD, I went back to work and BFing alone helped me lose all the weight and inches by 9 months...then I got pregnant again with DS. With DS, I was a SAHM and DH got into craft beer...so I lost the weight, but gained some back because of beer!

sunnydaze March 16th, 2013 10:47 AM

Ive actually been very careful with my weightgain for this pregnancy, I expect to actually way less after birth than I did when I got pregnant. Which is fine and healthy for me.

MissyBee March 16th, 2013 11:02 AM

I'm trying to be conscious of it, so that I don't have too much to lose to get back to pre-baby, though if I could get below that, I wouldn't complain! Anyway, after baby, I'm hoping that breast feeding will help, but I plan to start walking as soon as I can and I will be going back to teaching Zumba and doing the other classes that I've had to quit doing as soon as I'm cleared to do so!