JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   100 Days, I am finally at that point!!!! (and I hate my meds) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2635106-100-days-i-am-finally-point-and-i-hate-my-meds.html)

princess136 March 15th, 2013 03:25 PM

100 Days, I am finally at that point!!!! (and I hate my meds)

Woohoo, today I am at 100 days so tomorrow I will be in double digits only. I know I am further down the due date list at the end of June so I am so exited to see that number on my ticker today.

I really hope baby cooks at least 80 more of those days but right now we are shooting for a first goal of 30 weeks and crossing all we can cross for 32 weeks or over. I hate the Procardia. It just makes me feel terrible and while I am "lucky" to be able to be at home resting during this yuck period, it is really awful. I keep scouring other boards and moms who say after a few days they got used to it but it has been a week and I still get flushed, massive headache and start sweating everywhere!!! I see the doctor again Tuesday and hoping he will lower dosage or maybe we can try something else. I just can't imagine taking this for months and feeling like this.

MrsLat March 15th, 2013 03:58 PM

Re: 100 Days, I am finally at that point!!!! (and I hate my meds)

I was on procardia when I went into preterm labor in my first pregnancy. It was miserable. And I hated bedrest. It was the hardest 5 weeks ever! It is worth it though. Hang in there.

Gen88 March 15th, 2013 06:19 PM

Yayyy for double digits, I feel like it was yesterday I had 100 days now I have 90... Yayyy I love how fast time is flying.

D&K's_mama March 15th, 2013 06:41 PM

I had to take procardia while pregnantwith my first, it was horriable and bedrest drove me nuts! Hang in there baby will be here b4 u know it!

4hearts March 15th, 2013 07:24 PM

Yay for double digits! You made me realize that I'm already down to 95 left! I didn't even notice. Time flies. Sorry you're having a hard time getting baby to stay put. I know that has to be hard. I hope they can give you something better to help besides the procardia.

overlinmommy17 March 18th, 2013 01:30 PM

Oh my goodness, hang in there!!! I am sure it must be absolutely terrible, but in the end it will be all worth it:) Yay for double digits!

Kim3 March 18th, 2013 04:59 PM

I know how hard it is to be placed on br., I had it with our second. Here is a little good news. I took the Procardia and it worked. I went into PT around 26 (and a couple day). I delivered a couple day prior to 38 week! The doc said there is no guarantee that it was the Procardia. All I know is that I had our child within a week of d/c of the Procardia. Hope you have a similar wonderful outcome.

Just another thought. Did you get an IV of Magnesium. It used to be used to stop PT. They found that calcium blockers work better (hence the Procardia). However, research has shown that if you deliver early the mag greatly decreases CP. Just something to talk with your doc. Here is a link http://www.rcog.org.uk/news/magnesiu...-preterm-birth I was at a lecture where this was discussed as well.

princess136 March 22nd, 2013 06:15 PM

Thank you guys for all the sweet words and sharing your stories.

I did get off the Procardia on a scheduled dosage because the side effects were too much. So I am just supposed to take it if the contractions are out of control and see if that helps them stop before deciding to go to hospital.

I am almost 27 weeks so baby is still baking for me :)

MrsLat March 22nd, 2013 11:23 PM

Glad baby is still staying put for now!

PurpleStar March 23rd, 2013 02:04 PM

Keep baking baby! GL and sending good thoughts =) And yay for being under 100, I just realized I am too!

eshute March 23rd, 2013 08:07 PM

Hope baby cooks for a while longer! Good luck!