JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Water, water, water! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2635299-water-water-water.html)

mommy220 March 16th, 2013 12:13 PM

Water, water, water!

I am sooo thirsty all the time! I keep a water bottle with me at all times. Yesterday I ran errands and I ran out of water and I was soooo thirsty until I got home but I was only without it for like 20 minutes!! I am constantly filling up my water and when I get thirsty I feel like I haven't drank anything in hours not minutes. All night I drink it too whenever I wake up at all. I keep a gallon in the fridge at work to refill my bottle.

Anyone else obsessed with water??!

Kim3 March 16th, 2013 12:18 PM

Re: Water, water, water!

I need to drink all the time. Started right when I got pg. I think it is due to the body doubling its blood supply. I always take a glass with me to bed at night. It also helps when you get contractions.

rcjh12 March 16th, 2013 01:15 PM

I have one of those Brita filtered water bottles, and I am CONSTANTLY refilling it. I think it is 20oz or so, and I know I refill it at least 6 times a day. More so the last couple weeks when I was sick.

MamaSkunk March 16th, 2013 01:26 PM

I dont drink more than a few large glasses a day...but excessive thirst can be a symptom of gestational diabetes FYI so if your thirst has increased lately you will definately want to let your dr or midwife know.

MrsLat March 16th, 2013 09:47 PM

I drink sooooo much water! Going through it like crazy :) You aren't alone.

mommy220 March 17th, 2013 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaSkunk (Post 27201845)
I dont drink more than a few large glasses a day...but excessive thirst can be a symptom of gestational diabetes FYI so if your thirst has increased lately you will definately want to let your dr or midwife know.

Oh no! I have always drank a lot of water, I kept a gallon at work before I was preggo. It is more intense now.

shen7 March 17th, 2013 03:06 PM

I am trying to be better about drinking water. I am always so distracted with something else, it seems. I was religious about my fluid intake with M but for #2 I'm like, "oh yeah, water" lol. I keep a tall glass next to the fridge and try to drink a glass when I am done cleaning something or in between things or DD is happily playing on her own for a few minutes. It does help a lot with aches and pains and sore belly stuff. I try to drink enough to have somewhat dilute urine.

QueenCrafty March 17th, 2013 03:41 PM

I craved water with my first pregnancy. I'm not as good about it most days, but I do try to drink throughout the day. I definitely drink more on the days that i run. I keep water next to the bed at night too

cheerfulsunrise March 18th, 2013 08:30 AM

I have definately been water obsessed, since the very beginning!!! I also have water with me, and sometimes I have such an overwhelming urge to drink something NOW it is unbelievable! I don't remember being this thirsty for water in my last pgs. also, it is mainly water I want. Before this pg I drank tea, soda, etc. now I drink mostly water, all day long!