JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Feeling More Prepared (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2635307-feeling-more-prepared.html)

beatlechicksteph March 16th, 2013 01:07 PM

Feeling More Prepared

So last night my mom texted me, "Hypothetically, if your pack and play you registered for isn't available online, would you be okay with a different one, someone is asking." I told her, yeah, I would be fine, as long as it had the newborn sleeper/changer attachment, since we won't have a crib for a while, or space for the changing table, we feel that is an aspect we really wanted. Well, a few hours later, she texts me, "Okay, so I was the one who wanted to buy you the pack and play (like I hadn't figured that out), it's available in your Target, just go buy the one you want and I'll send you a check."

So today we went to Target and picked up the pack and play! Arthur now has a place to sleep!! And when I went online to make sure the pack and play got taken off the registry, "someone" has already purchased our car seat and the Moby I registered for. SO, long story short, now that the two "big ticket" items have been purchased, I can start relaxing A LOT because we'll have the essentials for when the baby gets here!!

rcjh12 March 16th, 2013 01:10 PM

Re: Feeling More Prepared

That's awesome. How sweet of your mom.

We went out yesterday in hopes of getting a few essentials picked up, and found NOTHING that we were looking for. I'm not panicking yet, but I would like to have at least a carseat before long so I don't feel like a total slacker.

MamaSkunk March 16th, 2013 01:13 PM

Good deal! We just bought our Pack n Play yesterday as well and got my diaper bag ordered as well. My only real big ticket item left is a new swing. It sure gives ya a sense of relief as you can start checking things off your list.

PurpleStar March 16th, 2013 01:22 PM

Very awesome! Glad you're feeling more prepared. My family threw a surprise baby daddy shower when DH went home w/ DS to visit our families (I had to stay on Maui). They got us LOs pack n play and tons of clothes. The only big ticket item we have left is the Ergo I want...and maybe a swing =) So very thankful for my family =)

TeresaV March 16th, 2013 01:27 PM

I ordered the crib yesterday, so I'm feeling a little better too.

beatlechicksteph March 16th, 2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeresaV (Post 27201849)
I ordered the crib yesterday, so I'm feeling a little better too.

Yay for crib!! Supposedly MIL or SIL is sending us their crib, so we don't have to buy one. I'm trying to not be a controlling person, and ask 500 times if that is still happening. We're moving right after the baby is born, so I don't even want to see that crib until we're in the new place, but the OCD controlling side of me wants DH to call and ask, "We're still getting this right?" LOL I think just having the pack and play here, will help me relax a lot haha

MarylandMama March 16th, 2013 06:44 PM

That is so sweet of your mom. I think it's adorable how she tried to be all sly like that. So glad you're getting some of the big things you need! Aren't moms the best?!