JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   sleepless nights and achey joints? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2635870-sleepless-nights-and-achey-joints.html)

pamela.burke611 March 18th, 2013 07:16 PM

sleepless nights and achey joints?

I have never had these problems while I was pregnant with my daughter! I find myself tossing and turning all night long and if I lay in a position too long, no matter how many pillows I have between/around/under me, the joints that I was lying on are so achey it actually hurts to move. The cycle just goes on all night... shift, relieve achey joints, shift again to relieve new achey joints.. and don't get me started on my belly... any bending/moving around is a challenge and I am getting braxton hicks like crazy. Oh and my lower right back constantly feels like there's a dagger wedged in there... what gives????

navywifey2003 March 18th, 2013 08:50 PM

Re: sleepless nights and achey joints?

It can be a few things, one it's your second pregnancy they tend to get more aches and pains the more you have. It can be his position as well. I find sometimes I am more uncomfortable depending on how she is laying in there. I found my pregnancy pillow was a lifesaver.

MissyBee March 18th, 2013 09:48 PM

I have to make sure if I wake up in the middle of the night to switch sides. Because if I stay on one side too long, it hurts so bad! Mostly my hips. I had really bad lower back/tailbone pain for a few months, but luckily he moved off of whatever he was pressing on. I hope yours gets a little better!

MrsLat March 18th, 2013 10:38 PM

I get that too, mostly hip pain but sometimes even shoulder and elbow aches from laying on one side for too long. I am having a terrible time sleeping! I am exhausted!!

Joanne Nicole March 19th, 2013 04:28 AM

I'm right there with you - exact same aches and pains and trouble sleeping. Combine that with getting up 4-5 times a night to pee, and this mama isn't getting much sleep these days.

MarylandMama March 19th, 2013 05:52 AM

Same thing here. I would give my right arm for a good night's sleep. Wish I could offer advice. In good news, we're two thirds of the way there... That's the best I can do. :smile:

cheerfulsunrise March 19th, 2013 07:11 AM

I'm having this problem too! Mostly my hips, ribs, and shoulders that bother me.

ashleykathleen March 19th, 2013 01:11 PM

Me too. My hips are screaming at me all night long. My calves are constantly cramping up and last night, for some reason, even my knee was killing me. I had surgery several years ago on my knee so it hurts when I overdo it or the weather changes but last night it was just aching in my sleep. I'm so over it!

I've officially reached "I'm sick of being pregnant" phase.

pamela.burke611 March 20th, 2013 04:46 PM

No matter how tired I am I cannot get a deep sleep! I toss and turn all night.. I didn't wanna have to do it, but I may need to buy some benedryl or something... F..... thanks for all the input girls :)

Kim3 March 20th, 2013 05:09 PM

I think all of the no sleep is prep for when little one arrives. I am figuring in 2 years I will again have a good night.

pamela.burke611 March 20th, 2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim3 (Post 27213992)
I think all of the no sleep is prep for when little one arrives. I am figuring in 2 years I will again have a good night.

ya, I am beginning to think it's all a prep too to get ready for sleepless nights... but shoot there are still 3 months left before my due date and I'd like to have some sleep because I won't get it for months!

TeresaV March 20th, 2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamela.burke611 (Post 27214029)
ya, I am beginning to think it's all a prep too to get ready for sleepless nights... but shoot there are still 3 months left before my due date and I'd like to have some sleep because I won't get it for months!

That's exactly my attitude! Don't screw me out of sleep before it's necessary!