JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Spring break (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2635895-spring-break.html)

navywifey2003 March 18th, 2013 09:16 PM

Spring break

Did you go on any fun trips for your spring breaks? Get into any trouble?

Steph625 March 18th, 2013 09:43 PM

Re: Spring break

I've never taken trips during spring break while I was younger. But does going on a honeymoon during spring break count? I never had money to go on spring break and my parents would never pay for me to go party!

mommy220 March 19th, 2013 04:45 AM

Nope, I plan to paint my kitchen!

zkat March 19th, 2013 04:49 AM

We went to Houston the end of the week to visit my sisters and brother. Took all the kids to the Carnival at the rodeo and played at the park all day.

Joanne Nicole March 19th, 2013 04:49 AM

Our spring break was last week. DH couldn't get any time off - we were originally going to Ohio to visit his mom - so we stayed home. I signed Fiona up for her first swimming lessons and she did really well. We also had a playdate/shopping trip at Ikea with another mom and her daughter. That was fun - the kids got to play, and the mommies got to shop! :) Fiona and I did a different cooking project each day because she loves to help me in the kitchen. We made homemade goldfish crackers, fruit leather, tons of different flavours of popsicles, and homemade pretzels! It was a pretty relaxing and fun week overall.

phantomsgrl11 March 19th, 2013 07:49 AM

Nah I never went on any big trips during spring break while in high school or college either. I worked to pay for school and my hockey season tickets. LOL I didn't have anything left over for trips.

We did go to my now husband's family shore house for senior week though.

ashleykathleen March 19th, 2013 02:10 PM

Jaleigh's spring break was last week. DF and I worked all week while she went to all sorts of fun places with her grandma (museum, bowling, park, etc).

pamela.burke611 March 19th, 2013 05:20 PM

I've never taken any spring break trips during college or anything like that but to be honest before I had my daughter every day was spring break in my life, being in a sorority, going out almost every night, travelling, just being free and having fun, etc. So now it's slow-down mode :) My "spring breaks" are painting my nails with a glass of wine after child is in bed lol

loveneverfails March 19th, 2013 05:26 PM

I plan on cleaning and getting things organized. My baby shower is at the end of my spring break.

beatlechicksteph March 19th, 2013 05:36 PM

All through college and beyond, we've always taken sort of an overnight explore the state type trip during spring break. We would go to those "weird roadside attraction" site and plan a trip around things like the world's largest wooden nickel and stuff. 2 years ago we went to Lincoln's Library in Springfield on a whim. The only time we took a huge trip during spring break was in 2008 when we got married during spring break. This year we're going on our babymoon to the Kennedy Space Center :) And CLEANING, since like Katie, our baby shower is right after Spring Break.

Mrs_lynn.c March 19th, 2013 07:23 PM

I have never taken any trips on sring break. My kids spring break isnt until next month and we will spend it cleaning.

MrsLat March 19th, 2013 08:30 PM

Nope, I never took any awesome trips during Spring Break. My Spring Break is this week and I am just relaxing and enjoying no homework for the week! I am way boring... I need to work on that, lol!