JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Heart burn (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2636180-heart-burn.html)

Mrs_lynn.c March 19th, 2013 10:45 PM

Heart burn

Im having heart burn so bad i have to sleep sitting up and i still throw up! I was drinking milk or eating yogurt to help with it cause tums and other antacids dont work. Doctor perscribed me two different meds that dont work for me at all. Prilosec and Zantac i think are the two i have taken so far nothing seems to work. Anyone have any home remedies that they use that mite work?

navywifey2003 March 19th, 2013 11:01 PM

Re: Heart burn

Someone here recommended papya extract supplements they have it at Walmart.

Mrs_lynn.c March 19th, 2013 11:53 PM

Thanks i will check it out and see if it works.

mommy220 March 20th, 2013 05:17 AM

My chiropractor suggested DGL Licorice tablets, you chew them or they can come in a gum format. You can get them at a health food store. I just bought them because my heartburn is getting horrible, but I haven't really tried them enough to say if they work.

sunnydaze March 20th, 2013 07:20 AM

I use zantac and have cut out all spicey foods, dairy before bed and greasy foods. It sucks.

Milk is supposed to cause heartburn, but i swear i find it soothing.

Mrs_lynn.c March 20th, 2013 07:53 AM

Milk was helping with the heart burn till recently so i find it sooths heartburn too!!

Kalynas_Mom March 20th, 2013 08:23 AM

my doctor told me to take 150mg of the 12 hour zantac twice a day. it doesn't completely take it away (especially in the early evening) but it's helped TONS

MamaSkunk March 20th, 2013 10:32 AM

With DD I had the WORST heartburn and I am very anti meds so i refused to even take tums. So I cut out anything spicy or greasy/fatty and anything tomato based. Instead of eating my biggest meal at dinner I ate it at lunch. Drank milk and water. And one weird thing that helped was cottage cheese lol. I went thru a bunch of cottage cheese. Toward the end tho.....not much helped cuz then all your insides are soooo crammed upward nothing really helps completely.

mommy220 March 20th, 2013 03:43 PM

Rice Crispy treats were giving me the worse heartburn last night!!!

MrsLat March 20th, 2013 03:51 PM

I have been consistently taking zantac every night, whether I had heartburn or not. Then I usually eat a piece of bread and drink a glass of milk at night and prop myself up. Most nights I do alright doing that..

Mrs_lynn.c March 20th, 2013 09:53 PM

Im going to try an cut out all the greesy food and see if that helps. I love cottage cheese so i mite try that as well. Im willing to try anything at this point.

JadeS March 20th, 2013 10:34 PM

I've had heart burn too.. Doc just told me to eat smaller meals but every 2-3 hours.. Also try not to eat much right before bed.. Or have like some crackers or toast to help soak up acid... I have to chew 2 tums before bed too..

hilachu March 21st, 2013 07:18 PM

ive had better luck with pepcid ac than zantac (wasnt working at all)
also mylanta seems to stop it if i can get it as its starting

TeresaV March 21st, 2013 07:36 PM

My doc has me taking 2 Pepcid Complete once a day. It works great for me, except I forgot to take it this morning. Now I'm paying for it.