JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Birth bead swappers poll (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2636404-birth-bead-swappers-poll.html)

navywifey2003 March 20th, 2013 03:58 PM

Birth bead swappers poll

This was my original plan:

I am still waiting on Katie's from Canada its been 2 weeks now. If I do not have them by after the mail comes Friday I will be mailing them out without them. Then when they arrive I will send you hers. Canada post can be very unpredictable so I hate waiting any longer than an extra week. The packages will also be 2 beads short, someone I never heard from and another needed to pull out. But they will be in the mail Saturday. If hers get here then they will go out sooner but Saturday at the latest.

A few of you expressed you don't mind waiting a little longer, so I want to get everyone's input.

MamaSkunk March 20th, 2013 06:33 PM

Re: Birth bead swappers poll

I dont mind waiting two more weeks. I know its not Katies fault...Canadian mail is horrid!!! I had a friend send me a package from Nova scotia for my bday...it was sent express delivery and I received it a whole month later. And I had another friend send me a gift while visiting Canada and again that took like a month to arrive....my friend had actually been back for ages by the time i got my gift lol.
And my SIL sent my DD a postcard while her and BIL were living up there for work she sent i5 two weeks before she left to go back to the states....it arrived a week after she was home...so 3 weeks there. I did once get a package quickly from Canada but that went thru DHL not Canada post lol.

navywifey2003 March 20th, 2013 07:01 PM

:lol: that has been my experience too Karry.

farmfourmama March 20th, 2013 10:44 PM

Oh thank you!! I feel awful about this! I should have paid the extra 13$ fr tracking!! I was too cheap :(

navywifey2003 March 20th, 2013 11:05 PM

It's ok Hun honestly it's not your fault!

13 dollars for tracking whoa! It's like a buck here.

Kim3 March 21st, 2013 04:25 AM

I think it is fine to wait. Hopefully no babies for anyone until May :p Just a thought on the Cyber Shower. Knowing the time for mail in other locations, I am a little concerned about having a person outside of the US (and for them the other way). Don't take this wrong, I love our non-U.S. friends. The only concern would be if a package takes several weeks, it could end up very late. Is there a way to try to match individuals through country? If not I am confident that someone receiving a gift outside of their country will understand.

navywifey2003 March 21st, 2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim3 (Post 27215009)
I think it is fine to wait. Hopefully no babies for anyone until May :p Just a thought on the Cyber Shower. Knowing the time for mail in other locations, I am a little concerned about having a person outside of the US (and for them the other way). Don't take this wrong, I love our non-U.S. friends. The only concern would be if a package takes several weeks, it could end up very late. Is there a way to try to match individuals through country? If not I am confident that someone receiving a gift outside of their country will understand.

For the cyber shower, I suggested purchasing the gift from a site in your partners country. I haven't looked but I'm not sure if any non US moms have signed up yet. I can add restrictions and have certain people not draw someone so I will look into that.

navywifey2003 March 21st, 2013 08:48 AM

So far everyone who has signed up is in the US. If that changes I will place restrictions on the draw.

Kim3 March 21st, 2013 02:09 PM

Thanks. Please know that I have nothing against anyone outside of the US. If I can order from a site within their country, that would work as well. I would just hate to need to send something and it take weeks (having that person feel forgotten when everyone else opens their gift).

zkat March 21st, 2013 04:26 PM

In regards to the cyber shower, my other PR has several Canadians and UK. We usually try to order online and ship direct. It has worked well for 2.5 years.