JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   OT- NCAA Tournament (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2636631-ot-ncaa-tournament.html)

QueenCrafty March 21st, 2013 10:46 AM

OT- NCAA Tournament

Is anyone following the NCAA Basketball Tournament?
Are you a fan of any one particular school?

College basketball is a big deal in North Carolina, so I've always grown up watching the tournaments. Even more so now that I've graduated from a school that traditionally does well in the NCAA. I graduated from UNC (the Tarheels) along with my sister, SIL, and 2 BILs, so we are pretty big Carolina fans in our family.

ashleykathleen March 21st, 2013 12:40 PM

Re: OT- NCAA Tournament

I'm honestly not a huge fan of basketball...football is our big sport in this part of the country. I will be cheering on OU (Oklahoma Sooners!!!) because I grew up there but I don't care too much about the whole tournament.

However, my best friend and I made brackets at work for money but we based ours off of which mascot would win in a fist fight. Should be interesting lol.

MamaSkunk March 21st, 2013 02:11 PM

I dont follow Basketball at all. I was shocked to learn our local college Minnesota State made it into the semifinals...and i only discovered this as they put up all these banners everywhere nearby lol

Hopeful2BMommy March 21st, 2013 02:14 PM

It's a pretty huge deal here in KY as well... but not so much this year :D

I'm not a fan of sports, really.

pamela.burke611 March 21st, 2013 03:23 PM

uh yes college basketball is huge in my city (Lexington, KY). I graduated from University of Kentucky in December 2011 and we won it last year! Sad to see they didn't "show up" this year but I am still really into watching!

rcjh12 March 21st, 2013 03:39 PM

Ooh yeah, we are big fans here! My DH and I always fill out brackets for the tourney and wager against each other. I love basketball and we watch a LOT.

QueenCrafty March 21st, 2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashleykathleen (Post 27216825)
I'm honestly not a huge fan of basketball...football is our big sport in this part of the country. I will be cheering on OU (Oklahoma Sooners!!!) because I grew up there but I don't care too much about the whole

My grandfather was a Sooner and he loved watching the football games if they broadcasted them on the East coast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcjh12 (Post 27217562)
Ooh yeah, we are big fans here! My DH and I always fill out brackets for the tourney and wager against each other. I love basketball and we watch a LOT.

I see you are from Kansas, does that make you a Jayhawk fan? If so then it will be interesting if Carolina wins their game tomorrow and they have to play Kansas. It's always interesting to watch our coach Roy Williams come up against his former team.

rcjh12 March 21st, 2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenCrafty (Post 27217826)
I see you are from Kansas, does that make you a Jayhawk fan? If so then it will be interesting if Carolina wins their game tomorrow and they have to play Kansas. It's always interesting to watch our coach Roy Williams come up against his former team.

Yep, big big KU fan. I loved Roy when he was here. It's kind of funny to me how much a lot of KU fans dislike him now, but meh, I have nothing to complain about with Coach Self ... although I am always interested in a match up with UNC.

That aside, I just love basketball in general. I've been watching games off and on all day. Loved seeing Wichita State win their game. Other than KU, I like rooting for the underdogs, :)

QueenCrafty March 21st, 2013 05:21 PM

If Carolina doesn't win, I'll root for anyone other than Duke! :lol:

Lady KW March 21st, 2013 05:49 PM

I love bball! We are big Jayhawk fans, but are cheering for all the Kansas teams! Rock chalk!

crawmommy March 21st, 2013 08:14 PM

I use to get really into it but not so much the past few years.