JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Easter Stuff (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2637040-easter-stuff.html)

MamaSkunk March 22nd, 2013 01:08 PM

Easter Stuff

Is anyone doing any easter crafts or fun things with your older kids before Easter? Besides the traditional Easter Egg Coloring of course.

And who is starting to prep baskets already? I sometimes get everything prepped a few days in advance so Im not doing everything last minute.

We will probably do eggs this weekend. I do hope the weather keeps warming up so we can have an outside easter egg hunt.

MrsLat March 22nd, 2013 01:11 PM

Re: Easter Stuff

We will be doing an Easter Egg hunt, weather permitting.

We also make sugar cookies in Easter shapes and frost/decorate them. But we do that every holiday, pretty much lol.

And then coloring eggs sometime next week.

I don't usually get the baskets ready until the night before. I already have the all the stuff but if I try and get anything ready ahead of time, my kids find it so I have to keep it all up in my closet in bags until right before, lol.

Kim3 March 22nd, 2013 01:50 PM

The kids will color eggs and have friends for a hunt. I will make egg cookies with their names. I started purchasing the items (namely chocolate). I went to the local candy place (they make their own). They offer free gift wrap. I had each pound of candy wrapped so that I could not eat it. I really would have on the way home if not wrapped. :p

crawmommy March 22nd, 2013 02:00 PM

We will make cute Easter cards(tha n k you pinterest) this weekend to send to family. We will dye eggs next friday. Our town has a ea ster egg hunt next saturday and we will probably do one sunday

mommy220 March 22nd, 2013 02:54 PM

We color eggs.

We make sugar cookies.

I usually make a bunny cake with dd.

I have some crafts from pinterest I want to try.

We have two egg hunts, one at my inlaws church, and one here (although I am hoping my parents host this year and I will bring eggs to hide at their house).

I have all DD's (she is 5) Easter basket stuff ready but I won't do it until the night before. In her basket this year I tried to keep it to mostly practical stuff she needs. She is getting: a bathing suit, a new water bottle, a little flowered snack container, Calico Critter dalmation family set, a book by Dr. Sears about a new baby coming to the family, and some Stride Rite light up shoes that she BEGGED for. I wasn't going to put them in her Easter basket but I figured what the heck might as well make her wait, lol. I also will sprinkle jelly beans, mini cadbury eggs, and there is a "ring pop" that is not really a ring pop, when you suck on it, it as a bunny mouth so you look like a bunny. LOL. I just need things to put in the eggs. Wow it sounds like a lot when I type it out.

jhmomofmany March 22nd, 2013 03:36 PM

We will color eggs and all that stuff but not until Easter Sunday or after. We're Catholic so for us the celebration of Easter lasts a long time!

QueenCrafty March 22nd, 2013 04:24 PM

We'll probably just color eggs with the girls. Well, DH will because I'll be working crazy hours. I'm sure DH has something stockpiled for their Easter baskets. He's really good about that. He usually gets me some Cadbury eggs too