JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   28w6d and lost my mucus plug this morning (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2640787-28w6d-and-lost-my-mucus-plug-morning.html)

Disruptivebubbles April 5th, 2013 03:49 AM

28w6d and lost my mucus plug this morning

Alrighty, this is my first pregnancy that has come this far and this.morning I wiped and it looked like a blob of snot so I called my obgyn office and the on call doctor called back and said its my mucus plug and asked if it was a lot and when my next appt is (which is the 16th) and then asked if I was having contractions which I dont feel like I am and said it was normal and to call if I lose more or if I have contractions. So I left a message with my regular ob to call when he gets in because they havent checked my cervix since like my first appt and im kind of creaking out. Has this happened to anyone else yet? Or have you lost it early in other pregnancies?

navywifey2003 April 5th, 2013 04:37 AM

Re: 28w6d and lost my mucus plug this morning

Mucus plugs can regenerate. Did it have blood in it? I hope that it turns out to be nothing. Hugs Hun.

sunnydaze April 5th, 2013 05:02 AM

I lost mine last week, it was gross...but I'm not really worried about it. I have an appointment today to get checked out.

eshute April 5th, 2013 05:57 AM

This is something that scares me. I know its normal and can happen any time and things are totally fine, but it would've freaked me out, too! I've heard that some women lose it early and end up going full term anyway.

Good luck and KUP.

zkat April 5th, 2013 06:27 AM

It is very normal and can regenerate. As long as you are not contracting, it probably is going to be OK. It is also normal for them not to check your cervix until 34-36 weeks during pregnancy.

Madison.Hailey.Zack April 5th, 2013 08:00 AM

I lost a part of mine a week before my water broke with my oldest but I was also 36 weeks along. I've heard it can grow back and its normal. KUP when you hear back from your doctor.

MrsLat April 5th, 2013 10:47 AM

Both previous pregnancies I have lost my plug a couple weeks before I went into labor. I have also heard it can regenerate but if you feel any contractions I would be for packing it to the hospital to be checked just in case!

edgeofelise April 5th, 2013 12:50 PM

With DD I started to lose mine waaaaaaay before I went into labor. I think it was around 35-36 weeks, but she stayed put until 41w 5d. Also, what I thought was "a lot" was NOTHING compared to the amount of stuff I saw once I was really in labor! It's good that you gave your doctor a heads-up, but don't stress too much about it.

sunnydaze April 5th, 2013 04:37 PM

I saw my doctor today and he just shrugged and told me to make sure i stay hydrated and that if I start having a lot of braxton hicks to sit my butt down and chill out until they stop.

He said sometimes plugs go but its okay. He didn't seem overly concerned at all.

Disruptivebubbles April 5th, 2013 07:31 PM

His nurse called me back , she said to stay hydrated and as long as ive had no contractions and im not bleeding it is probably fine but if I have any to call again. They also made my move my appointment up to tge 8th instead of the 16th, they were going to take me today but im picky about who I see. she said my cervix is softening and theyll check me out when I come in monday

overlinmommy17 April 6th, 2013 06:17 AM

Take it easy:) Be sure to rest and take good care of yourself!

MerinSun April 7th, 2013 11:40 AM

I remember with my first pregnancy I didn't start to lose my mucus plug until after my first induction (it failed and I went home, that was at 40/41 weeks). I saw the mucus and thought "Oh wow! There it all is!" Then I went in for my second induction (41 weeks 4 days) and then it actually fell out with all its bloody glory. It was a LOT. I was actually terrified, lol.

Disruptivebubbles April 10th, 2013 08:52 AM

I went to the doctor Monday and he checked my cervix and I am not dialated at all, and told me just to watch for contractions and bleeding, but said he wasn't worried about it since my cervix is still closed. Then this morning, I did a load of laundry and the dishes and I went to use the bathroom and lost more of it, and it was brownish colored, thankfully I have seen no blood at a yet. It is honestly just freaking me out and I don't like it lol. I kind of feel like it isn't necessary to call the doctors office again, but I have no idea what to do. I'm still working as well, today just happens to be my day off but I don't know if I should be working, he didn't say that I couldn't , and I don't know if I feel comfortable working anymore

Kalynas_Mom April 10th, 2013 10:49 AM

I lost mine at 28 weeks (there was blood). My cervix is shortening and I've had two FFN tests and both were negative so i've just been told to "take it easy" and be more hyper-vigilant about watching for any signs of pre-term labour. I'm getting less concerned about it as time goes on but it sure was scary when it happened.

eshute April 10th, 2013 11:42 AM

I hope you're doing well. I'd probably call the doctor just to see if you should take a couple days off work or possibly see if there's a light duty order you can get.

MerinSun April 10th, 2013 06:50 PM

I would agree with that. It couldn't hurt to rest up a bit :S