JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Water & Artificial Sweeteners (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2643394-water-and-artificial-sweeteners.html)

Hopeful2BMommy April 15th, 2013 08:52 AM

Water & Artificial Sweeteners

Do you add anything to your water for flavor?
How much water are you drinking daily?

4hearts April 15th, 2013 09:06 AM

Re: Water & Artificial Sweeteners

:thumbsdown: Artificial sweeteners ....bad

Kyla0709 April 15th, 2013 09:06 AM

I don't know how much water I've been drinking, but I'm sure enough because I have to pee ALL THE TIME!

We are very anti artificial sweetener in our house, some of the things I've learned about aspartame are atrocious and I consider it more of a poison than anything. Sometimes I'll drink seltzer. I usually use liquid Stevia to sweeten beverages.

Joanne Nicole April 15th, 2013 09:14 AM

I don't drink nearly enough water - I'm really terrible about it.

I don't like artificial sweeteners myself, they taste really chemical-y to me.

I really enjoy the flavoured seltzer waters, the ones without any added sugar or anything, just a little natural flavour to give it a hint of lemon or grapefruit or whatever. But I still don't drink enough of that. Need to do better.

mommyandwife08 April 15th, 2013 09:18 AM

I am not drinking the amount of water I should. It has been making me nauseous. I add limes amen lemons to it sometimes and I really enjoy that. No artificial sweeteners here, they give me a headache and stomach ache.

MrsLat April 15th, 2013 09:44 AM

I have to avoid artificial sweeteners, especially aspartame like the PLAGUE. (It is horribly aggravating to my MS). So I have had to learn to like water just by itself. It took a while though!

KellBell2621 April 15th, 2013 01:20 PM

i try to get in at least 6 glasses a day. sometimes i'll make ice tea at home. i try to limit the pop, but i love pepsi :)

TeresaV April 15th, 2013 02:14 PM

I'm not a huge water person, so in an effort to drink more, I tend to add some Mio to my water throughout the day. I know, I know, artificial sweeteners are awful, but so is not drinking enough fluids.

PurpleStar April 15th, 2013 05:42 PM

A lot...I'm not sure, I lose track. I have a bottle at work that is 24 ounces and I refill it all day long.

The only time I use artificial sweetener is when I indulge myself in an ice tea. Which isn't often cause I only have it when we go out to dinner - which that in itself is once in a blue moon.

MamaSkunk April 15th, 2013 06:11 PM

I don't mind plain water as long as its Ice water. I could drink a lot of ice water and not be bothered. I also avoid artificial sweeteners.

cheerfulsunrise April 16th, 2013 10:12 AM

I have a very strong craving for water, especially ice water, since becoming pregnant. I drink constantly, all day long. I have a large water bottle (not sure of the oz but the container is so big it won't fit in the top rack of my dishwasher) and I refill it at least 3x per day just while I am at work. I don't use any artificial sweeteners.

jhmomofmany April 16th, 2013 02:27 PM

I drink at least 2 quarts daily, plus a quart of herbal tea that I count as fluid intake. I will not use artificial sweeteners or flavors... sometimes I put sliced lemon or cucumber in my water.

D&K's_mama April 17th, 2013 07:26 PM

Ive been craving lemon in my water and tea lately so ive been adding lots of lemon! I dont mind artificial sweeteners but I know they are bad so I try to steer clear of them!

eshute April 18th, 2013 07:34 AM

I've read that Splenda is safe during pregnancy. I've used it once or twice, but have been using regular sugar when making decaf iced tea. I don't use much as I don't like it really sweet anyway. Stick with regular sugar - while it's not good for you, it's better than the artificial ones. I don't keep track of my fluid intake, but I do keep an eye on the color of my urine (TMI, SORRY). As long as it's not bright yellow, I figure I'm doing just fine.