JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Movies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2643403-movies.html)

navywifey2003 April 15th, 2013 09:14 AM

Movies

What was the last movie you saw? Would you recommend it?

Joanne Nicole April 15th, 2013 09:18 AM

Re: Movies

We rarely see movies in the theatre unless it's a major one that we've been anticipating. I think the last thing we saw was The Hobbit, which I would highly recommend, but I would assume by this point everyone who wanted to see it has seen it.

DH and I watched a movie on TV the other night that I'd never seen before and I really enjoyed it. It's called A Good Year. It has Russel Crowe and Marion Cotillard. It's a few years old. But if you come across it, it is one that I'd highly recommend as well.

MrsLat April 15th, 2013 09:46 AM

We saw Oz in theaters and we both loved it! But we also saw it in 3D and sat in the DBox seats so that was way awesome ;) I would recommend it.

Kyla0709 April 15th, 2013 09:55 AM

The last grown up movie we watched was Wanderlust a few days ago, I would definitely recommend it, so funny! The last in theater movie we watched was The Hobbit and I would recommend that one too. The last kids movie we watched was Wreck It Ralph and we all loved that one.

Hopeful2BMommy April 15th, 2013 10:05 AM

In the theatre, we saw Olympus Has Fallen. It was really good, if you like that kind of movie.

rcjh12 April 15th, 2013 11:10 AM

We haven't been to the theater in ages, but last night we watched "Seal Team Six" on Netflix, which is about the operation to kill Osama bin Laden. It was ... interesting, I guess. I was so tired I don't think I really paid much attention to it honestly.

ashleykathleen April 15th, 2013 11:23 AM

Haven't been to the theater in ages but last movie we watched on iTunes was Django Unchained. It was very "Quentin Tarantino" but very good.

PurpleStar April 15th, 2013 11:40 AM

Movies?!! What's that?!! LOL Havent' been in so long...I can't even remember the last movie we saw...We Direct TV everything these days and even that we haven't done lately *rolls eyes*

Oh, but I know DH will make effort to go to the movies to see Fast & Furious 6, so I may have a random date night in my future!

Steph625 April 15th, 2013 02:22 PM

We watched Our Idiot Brother on DVD last weekend and would NOT recommend!!!! I couldn't watch a couple parts in it. And the worst part is, my parents gave it to is to watch. Blah!!!

TeresaV April 15th, 2013 02:26 PM

Lincoln. I love love LOVED the movie, but it was pure agony sitting in a theater seat for 2+ hours. No more movies for me while pregnant.

momneedscoffee13 April 15th, 2013 03:06 PM

I can't even remember the last movie we saw in the theater...well I can remember the last movie *I* saw in the theater....who could forget Magic Mike! :D LOL

DH and I were on a rental spree for awhile, but until recently we haven't seen much of anything! Friday night we watched G.I. Joe (what? Channing Tatum?! LOL) because I want to see the 2nd one in the theater (seriously, who can't get enough of the man?!). Except, DH didn't care for it - he's very picky about what movies he likes, he's weird. So apparently I'll have to drag him to the theater or wait for it to come out on DVD.

Then, we started to watch Ted on Saturday night, but I just thought it was stupid, guy flick and didn't enjoy it , so we stopped watching. DH can finish it later! lol

QueenCrafty April 15th, 2013 05:35 PM

DH rented Anna Karenina for me last night. After 5 minutes he was done. Definitely not for everyone, but I read the book back in high school. We have also rented Zero Dark Thirty and Argo recently. Zero Dark Thirty was intense and very interesting. Argo was fantastic!

PurpleStar April 15th, 2013 05:35 PM

OMG, seriously!! TED was like the lamest movie ever and DH bought it, not rented, bought!! He thinks its hilarious and all I could think was "Why Markie Mark?!! You're so much better than this lame ***** movie!!"

I heard there was a second one coming out...gods I hope that isn't true.

jhmomofmany April 15th, 2013 07:28 PM

Last movie I saw in a theater was War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise. It has been a seriously LONG time. :lol:

Last movie I watched at home was some "comedy" with Ben Stiller, I forget who else... it was terrible I turned it off after about 20 minutes.

Madison.Hailey.Zack April 16th, 2013 06:00 AM

Yeah I also hated Ted!!

Last movie we saw in the theater was Croods. We took our oldest during her spring break. So cute and would totally see it again!

Last movie we watched at home was Lincoln. It was good but very long!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenCrafty (Post 27288879)
DH rented Anna Karenina for me last night. After 5 minutes he was done. Definitely not for everyone, but I read the book back in high school. We have also rented Zero Dark Thirty and Argo recently. Zero Dark Thirty was intense and very interesting. Argo was fantastic!

DH just watched Zero Dark Thirty last night. We also recently watched Argo. It was good!

zombiemommy April 16th, 2013 08:15 AM

In the theater... We went and saw Jack the Giant Slayer. We LOVED it... I'm not sure why people gave it bad reviews... the dozen or so people in the theater with us had super good reactions as well.
We rented the newest Red Dawn the other night. I hadn't seen it yet, and I loved the original. I thought it was excellent... although perhaps I should skip the suspense from now on because my blood pressure went up a few times. I get too emotionally involved with characters.

MamaSkunk April 16th, 2013 08:51 AM

We haven't been to the movie theater in ages. We did get Red Dawn from red box last weekend tho. Cuz we have the original so DH wanted to see how it held up compared to the 80s cold war version. It was very good.
We also watched wreck it Ralph with DD last week and we all loved it. DH was amused to see so many old game characters.

cheerfulsunrise April 16th, 2013 09:58 AM

The last movie in the theatre was The Guardians, with the kids. At home the last movie was Argo, which was good.

navywifey2003 April 16th, 2013 10:02 AM

Last movie we saw in theaters was oz we all loved it. I can't remember the last movie we watched at home.

beatlechicksteph April 16th, 2013 10:37 AM

The last movie we saw in theaters was Les Miserables with my parents, and I LOVED it, but I'm also a HUGE fan of the play, and knew what to expect going in. My 12 year old male cousin did not like it at all LOL

The last movie we watched at home was last week when we rented "Seeking a Friend for the End of the World." It was really good. Not like you would expect a movie starring Steve Carell would be, but it's more of a dark comedy. We really enjoyed it.