JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Friends (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2643404-friends.html)

navywifey2003 April 15th, 2013 10:15 AM

Friends

How are your friends treating you now that you are closer to delivery? Did they push you away more in the beginning but are coming around now? Or did things pretty much stay the same?

MrsLat April 15th, 2013 03:40 PM

Re: Friends

Ha, I am sort of socially awkward... I don't have many friends. But I am a young mom and most of the people that are my age don't have any kids yet and are still in the going to college/dating/getting married stage so they have kind of stayed away the entire time.

TeresaV April 15th, 2013 03:57 PM

Yeah, I can count on one hand the number of true "friends" I have. My best friend is also pregnant (due in September) and this has really helped us bond on an even deeper level. It's been great, actually. Friendships with everyone else have pretty much stayed the same. Most of my friends already have kids.

QueenCrafty April 15th, 2013 06:42 PM

My oldest friends don't live close by. One of them just had her first child. The other one has no interest in having children of her own but she is great with them. I have just a few local friends and they are pretty excited to meet this new baby, mostly cause they have had kids of both sexes and want to see us have a boy now too

MamaSkunk April 15th, 2013 07:14 PM

I also only have a handful of friends. My best friend lives several states away now. And I rarely see my friends that are nearby me. Sad but right now I think DH and my mom are my closest friends right now

Kyla0709 April 15th, 2013 09:52 PM

I'm on the same level as Valerie, being a young mom can make it real hard to have friends. Most people my age are just getting out of college and living their own lives, not exactly thinking about having a family. Most of my friends are my family, my cousin, my sister in laws (who both live in TX and CO) my aunt, my step mom. I haven't found that any of them treat me too differently. Maybe my cousin a bit, I know she thinks I'm crazy for wanting another child, but we have different lifestyles and she's a single mom of one kid, but she really hasn't made me feel alienated at all. My bestie back in CO I still talk to, but she's a mom too and understands, plus she's a thousand miles away.

8miraclez April 15th, 2013 10:12 PM

Most of the people I had thought were my friends, which weren't too many, have distanced themselves. I don't think they know what to do or say. After my first was born, most of my prebaby friends faded away anyway.

eshute April 16th, 2013 08:19 AM

I really only have one close friend left. After all the moving I've done in recent years, plus never being into the drinking scene really sort of keeps me from making a lot of friends. My best friend still lives an hour away, but she's helping my mom with the baby shower. I got a pic of the baby shower favors from her last night - she's super excited. Otherwise, things have pretty much stayed the same. I do have an old friend (we were inseparable in high school and shortly after) that recently decided she wanted to reconnect. So we'll see how that goes.

cheerfulsunrise April 16th, 2013 08:29 AM

Same here with not many friends! But I live life kind of like a hermit ;) so it doesn't bother me. The only "friends" i regularly talk to are at work, and they have not really treated me any different at all. They did not know I was pg until I stated to show.