JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Revisiting "What you need for baby" (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2643412-revisiting-what-you-need-for-baby.html)

4hearts April 15th, 2013 09:44 AM

Revisiting "What you need for baby"

I've gotten a few things in the past month so I thought I'd go back to this thread.
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...5898-need.html

What's left for you to get for baby since the last time a thread was posted about it close to a month ago?

What can you check off?

MrsLat April 15th, 2013 12:01 PM

Re: Revisiting "What you need for baby"

I think I have everything! I have my diapers prepped, all my bedding and stuff washed and ready to go. I think we are set!

Hopeful2BMommy April 15th, 2013 12:19 PM

We still need all the necessities besides furniture. Our baby shower is on Saturday so hopefully, I'll be able to cross them off the list.

beatlechicksteph April 15th, 2013 12:30 PM

We have a pretty short list of things we *need* before baby comes: Thermometer, Bouncer, diapers, breast pump, bottles, and a trash can for a diaper pail. That's it!! I think we're doing pretty well, with 8 weeks to go! :)

navywifey2003 April 15th, 2013 12:31 PM

We need a new wet bag and somewhere to put her clothes. And that's about it. We will buy more clothes as time goes on and I would like to tie dye some gerber prefolds with the kids for burp cloths.

Gen88 April 15th, 2013 12:47 PM

We pretty much have everything, we still need a baby tub, mattress and I need to buy my diaper bag. the rest of the stuff I need to get is not a dyer necessity but I still have to get a glider, stroller and a rug for her nursery. Also have to pick up some wipes, more bibs and burp cloths. Other than that we're pretty much set. Wow that's still a lot haha!

Kyla0709 April 15th, 2013 02:15 PM

I need more clothes, definitely. I still need a carseat, a swing, a bouncy seat and a stroller. But a carseat is the only must have on that list as of right now. I have a new mini pack and play, a carrier, all of my diaper are prepped and ready to go, I have a nursing wrap and.... I don't remember what else. I still have quite a bit of stuff to get.

TeresaV April 15th, 2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopeful2BMommy (Post 27288048)
We still need all the necessities besides furniture. Our baby shower is on Saturday so hopefully, I'll be able to cross them off the list.

Same. My shower is also Saturday.

rcjh12 April 15th, 2013 04:54 PM

I was just making this list. I still need:

crib (getting from my sister sometime soon)
wet bag and/or diaper pail
grooming and first aid type items (thermometer, etc.)
socks
bouncer and/or swing
baby tub

There are a few things, like the bouncer or swing, and a stroller, that I'd like to have but don't necessarily NEED before baby gets here. And I need to go through what few clothes I have left from my boys to see how many sleepers and gowns I need to pick up. We're waiting to buy too much clothing until Omega gets here, but I have picked up a few gender neutral sleepers.

Disruptivebubbles April 16th, 2013 11:40 AM

We still need everything ... With the acception of the crib dresser and bedding, but most of the essentials are still needed, our shower isn't until may 19th , I'm getting kind of antsy that we are cutting it close because everyone keeps saying well if you keep buying stuff what are we supposed o get for your shower ... I'm honestly worried about not having everything

4hearts April 16th, 2013 01:39 PM

I hope you ladies still needing a lot are able to get it real soon so you can stop stressing.

I have:
* uncovered my infant car seat
* been given a boppy pillow
* been given a cart seat cover
* found a wipes solution recipe I will be trying

I really just need to make some wipes still and hope someone gets me some towels and washcloths. I also need a small lamp for nighttime changes.

So yea, I have nothing to complain about for sure on this account.

Madison.Hailey.Zack April 16th, 2013 01:57 PM

I need to get a couple hooded towels, wash clothes, binkies and an umbrella stroller.

jhmomofmany April 16th, 2013 02:33 PM

I feel bad about this, but we still haven't done ANY shopping for this baby. I haven't even gone through the box of baby clothes I have saved.

TeresaMomTo2Boys April 16th, 2013 05:36 PM

EVERYTHING. we just have clothes, a carrier, a bath tub, bath products, SOME diapers, a monitor, rocker/bouncer and MIL was supposed to have ordered the pack n play a swing and a bouncer that all match but those haven't come in yet, also we have bedding on layaway and family friend giving us a crib has had health issues with her DH so we haven't got the crib yet so we need EVERYTHING

MissyBee April 16th, 2013 07:09 PM

We still need pretty much everything. But I have my 2nd baby shower on the 27th & I'm hoping to be able to get a lot of what we need there. Whatever we need after that we will go buy! We're getting close to having the baby's room empty so we can paint and stuff and then we will have a place to put the things we get!

crawmommy April 17th, 2013 03:07 AM

I need to make a list. I have plenty of blankets I hope. I have carseats, 2nd crib is on its way, dresser, carriers, bumbo ,changing pad, 1carseat base I need 1more, high chairs.
I need to find owl material for dust ruffles & valances, prep all diapers and put them away. Buy neutral shirts, crib mattresses, some kind of bassinets, movement monitors, nursing pillow. Oh and a minivan so i can fit all my kids in one vehicle. That's all I can think of now

MamaSkunk April 17th, 2013 07:00 AM

Lets see I need

Swing
Diapers
Bathtub
Bibs
Grooming and First Aid Kits
More socks
Maybe a few more sleepers
Hamper for his room
Lamp for his room

edgeofelise April 17th, 2013 07:09 AM

We still need a carseat (we have a back-up in case he comes early but DH's parents are getting us a better one.)

I have all his cloth diapers prepped but I want one pack of disposable diapers and wipes for those first few bleary-eyed days at home.

It'd be nice to have a tub but I'm also fine with just bathing him in the sink or getting into the tub with him. I like to bathe with my babies, it's super relaxing. We need some gentler soap, too. DD just uses what we use now that she's bigger...just thought of that one.

I think that's it! We would be fine if I went into labor right now. The rest is just extra stuff.

8miraclez April 17th, 2013 10:18 AM

We need everything. I have a breastpump and a portable bassinet/playpen. We are going to wait until after she is born and able to come home to decide what we'll need.

zkat April 17th, 2013 11:01 AM

Let's see, my list hasn't changed a whole lot from the last time. MIL bought us the carseat but we still need:

Extra base
Co-sleeper/sheets
Clothes
New bottles/nipples for a little later
Breast milk storage bags
Replacement plastic parts for the Pump in Style
infant insert for the ergo

I am sure there is more that since I have not really thought about it. I need to get on it - I have about 8 weeks left and one of those weekends is taken up hosting a baby shower...