JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Boston bombing (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2643510-boston-bombing.html)

navywifey2003 April 15th, 2013 02:45 PM

Boston bombing

So so sad. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone.

zkat April 15th, 2013 05:54 PM

Re: Boston bombing

I have been shell shocked all afternoon. I could have been there. When I qualified in Oct. registration was not closed. Dh and I seriously discussed if I wanted to run 2013, he would support me. I decided against it because I ran 3 fully in 12 months and knew he wanted to started TTC soon.

There is a good chance if I had run, he would have been near the finish with Bourne. This one has really impacted me.

MamaSkunk April 15th, 2013 05:57 PM

I actually just heard about this not too long ago and I honestly thought to myself...oh my gosh Kat would have been there if she wasn't preg. So that thought definitely crossed my mind as well. I'm glad you and B1 were NOT there Kat.
My heart goes out to those there.

Karenna April 15th, 2013 05:58 PM

Its SO heartbreaking :( It makes me sick to think that there are people out there that are so full of hate that they are willing hurt/kill innocent people....

QueenCrafty April 15th, 2013 06:29 PM

I'm really glad you weren't there Kat!! I'm pretty sure my neighbor was there. I haven't heard anything yet, but my running partner should fill me in tomorrow morning. I can't believe that something like this happened there.

MerinSun April 15th, 2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zkat (Post 27288961)
I have been shell shocked all afternoon. I could have been there. When I qualified in Oct. registration was not closed. Dh and I seriously discussed if I wanted to run 2013, he would support me. I decided against it because I ran 3 fully in 12 months and knew he wanted to started TTC soon.

There is a good chance if I had run, he would have been near the finish with Bourne. This one has really impacted me.

Holy Hannah. I don't know what else to say other than thank goodness you weren't there.

Kyla0709 April 15th, 2013 08:26 PM

That is so scary to think about, Kat. What a horrible thing that happened today. I will never understand people that have no problem killing innocent people.

navywifey2003 April 15th, 2013 08:40 PM

Wow Kat that is so scary!!!

Joanne Nicole April 16th, 2013 05:22 AM

Mr. Rogers once said: “When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.'” Mr. Rogers was a brilliant man. (Who had a wonderful mother!)

D&K's_mama April 16th, 2013 05:58 AM

Thoughts and prayers are def with those involved so sad and scary! We have a close friend who ran it last year glad he wasn't there this year!

eshute April 16th, 2013 06:36 AM

Kat, I thought about you too. I thought I remembered you mentioning you had considered running before getting pregnant. So glad you weren't there!

I was just reading more about it and what is most disturbing to me, above just the idea that someone would think to do something like this, is that the person had to have been planning for a long time. The person designed the explosives to specifically target the lower body...he knew that it would hurt runners the most.

Sometimes I'm really scared to bring a baby into this world. I know I'm going to worry about her every day for the rest of my life.

navywifey2003 April 16th, 2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanne Nicole (Post 27289836)
Mr. Rogers once said: “When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.'” Mr. Rogers was a brilliant man. (Who had a wonderful mother!)

This is so true. Red Cross said they have more than enough blood right now.