JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Detergent??? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2643852-detergent.html)

crawmommy April 17th, 2013 03:16 AM

Detergent???

I want to take a poll.
For our cd mamas..
what brand of detergent do you use to wash your cloth diapers?
what type of water do you have hard or soft?
Do you use same detergent for diapers and regular clothes? If not why?

I am also going to post this in the cd board but it seems like it is mostly our group who responds anyways.

Karen78 April 17th, 2013 04:52 AM

Re: Detergent???

I use Rockin Green for my diapers. We have a water softener so I use the Soft Rock version of it. It's great, but it only comes in unscented or as they call it "bare naked babies". I don't use it for my regular laundry cuz it's kind of expensive.

bribugg13 April 17th, 2013 04:56 AM

Rockin' Green for my diapers (Hard Rock, we have hard-ish water lol) I grab whatever is available as far as scent because it doesn't linger, you just smell it while it's in the bag and that's about it lol (too bad, I'd love to have yummy smelling dipes! ha)

Free & Clear detergent for clothes, less expensive and I just never thought to use one detergent for both.

Kyla0709 April 17th, 2013 05:52 AM

I use Rockin' Green, too. Classic Rock. I do usually use it on our regular laundry too, but I'm still on my first bag and have had it for over a month and still have about half or so of the bag left. I use a little less than a tablespoon for a regular load, and a little less than a tsp for DS2's overnight diaper. I don't know if I'll continue to use the Rockin' Green for regular clothes, because it is quite pricey, but I also don't have to use fabric softener with it either.

Madison.Hailey.Zack April 17th, 2013 08:34 AM

I use Rockin Green in Classic also. I only use it on my diapers since its to pricey to use on all stuff. I use any free and clear for our clothes.

navywifey2003 April 17th, 2013 09:53 AM

Rockin green here as well. We use hard rock as we have very hard water. I use Kirkland laundry soap on everything else.

crawmommy April 17th, 2013 11:30 AM

anyone tried charlies or nellies or stink pot? if so what did you think? I have really hard water and want to find the best without having to try a bunch

jhmomofmany April 17th, 2013 11:41 AM

what brand of detergent do you use to wash your cloth diapers? I make laundry soap using a bar of Fels Naptha, washing soda, and borax
what type of water do you have hard or soft? very hard well water
Do you use same detergent for diapers and regular clothes? If not why? use the same

mommyandwife08 April 17th, 2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhmomofmany (Post 27294080)
what brand of detergent do you use to wash your cloth diapers? I make laundry soap using a bar of Fels Naptha, washing soda, and borax
Do you use same detergent for diapers and regular clothes? If not why? use the same

I was just going to ask if anyone made their own. We make our own laundry soap but I have never used it with cloth diapers. Does it work well?

4hearts April 17th, 2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhmomofmany (Post 27294080)

Yea, this. I'm really not sure how hard our well water is though. It tastes so good. I'll have to ask DH.