JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Weekend Fun (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2646248-weekend-fun.html)

navywifey2003 April 26th, 2013 01:03 PM

Weekend Fun

Any fun plans this weekend?
Will the weather cooperate with you?

Mom2LillieAidan April 26th, 2013 01:07 PM

Re: Weekend Fun

Only plans are late birthday brunch with SO's family (my bday was last Sunday and his mom's is tomorrow) on Sunday in Pensacola at McGuire's.

Joanne Nicole April 26th, 2013 01:10 PM

We're expecting a beautiful weekend. We bought DD her first bike a few weeks ago but it's been rainy and chilly since we got it. We'll probably spend some time at the park teaching her to ride her bike, maybe have a picnic.

We've got a few more baby items to buy and I'm having my husband hang up a few things in the baby's room.

And I'll be avoiding my mean grandmum as much as possible. She spends most of the weekend at our house and I'm still not over the whole, "Stop acting pathetic about your cat that died yesterday" fiasco from last weekend.

MrsLat April 26th, 2013 01:25 PM

The weather is supposed to be nice this weekend. We are having a BBQ for my mom's birthday.

Also apartment hunting. We are soooo squished in this tiny apartment I could scream!

QueenCrafty April 26th, 2013 02:18 PM

We have a yard sale tomorrow morning. Sunday afternoon is Abri's 3rd birthday party. It's low key at our house but she'll have fun.

The weather should be okay for the yard sale. A little chilly for this time of year, but no rain. Sunday it's supposed to rain all day. I was originally planning for the kids to play outside at the party but we'll have to turn it into a popcorn and movie party in our basement instead. Bummer.

jhmomofmany April 26th, 2013 03:55 PM

Thomas (our 9yo) has First Communion this weekend, so we are all looking forward to that!

And yes, we are FINALLY getting some decent weather! We still have a few feet of snow on the ground, but it looks like the high on Sunday might get up to 70!!

Kim3 April 26th, 2013 04:03 PM

My kids have soccer and swimming tomorrow afternoon and the a family 60th birthday party at night. I really need to get my hair done. While I am at it I think I will get a pedicure. I cannot even think of twisting to cut my toe nails. :p

rcjh12 April 26th, 2013 05:45 PM

It's supposed to be nice here, but DH is working some extra hours so it'll just be the boys and me. We'll probably get some cleaning done and then spend some time outside. I have a few projects I need to get finished up, but that'll depend on the weather.

MissyBee April 26th, 2013 09:09 PM

Tomorrow is my shower that my family is throwing for me! It's supposed to rain. Yuck.

crawmommy April 26th, 2013 09:49 PM

We are going the Wisconsin dells tomorrow and coming back Monday. I'm excited for dd but just hope I can make it ok. We aren't doing a whole lot there and will probably spend a lot of time in the water park bc we don't have to pay extra for that

MamaSkunk April 27th, 2013 10:25 AM

It is finally gorgeous here!! We had more snow on last Sunday and Monday and temps were still chilly then yesterday it got up to 65 it was gorgeous. Today its supposed to be 70 and tommorow 77 so we are gonna be doing lots of outdoors stuff!

mommyandwife08 April 27th, 2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoPennyRoyalTea (Post 27319040)
Only plans are late birthday brunch with SO's family (my bday was last Sunday and his mom's is tomorrow) on Sunday in Pensacola at McGuire's.

That was my husbands favorite restaurant when we lived there! Enjoy!

Mom2LillieAidan April 27th, 2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyandwife08 (Post 27320869)
That was my husbands favorite restaurant when we lived there! Enjoy!

My SO likes to make special trips to Pensacola just to go there. It's soooooo good!

MarylandMama April 27th, 2013 02:27 PM

The weather is BEAUTIFUL here! I wanted to go up to a store near where I went to college to get matching sister's bracelets for DD and new baby, so DD and I made a day of it. I took her to my old college campus for a walk around, which she loved, and got the whole family new shirts. I haven't gotten any new college gear since my freshman year 10 years ago. We had a lunch date and ordered the sweetest bracelets. Hoping they arrive in time! Silver link bracelets with pink charms with the profile of a girl in silver and the backs with have A&L/L&A (for Anna & Lena and Lena & Anna). Super excited for something symbolizing sisters that they can have forever! I just hope they arrive in time. The charm is back ordered...

But a totally gorgeous weekend. I will have to see what we will do tomorrow. DH is working all weekend and literally every member of my family is out of town this weekend, so it's the dynamic duo: DD and me. :smile:

Hopeful2BMommy April 27th, 2013 04:31 PM

We went to the movies and to dinner at Peking.