JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Diapers (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2646926-diapers.html)

TeresaMomTo2Boys April 29th, 2013 06:43 PM

Diapers

How many diapers do you have at the moment? (Disposable diapers that is)

I ordered a box of 276 count size 1 from diapers.com and they came today. Well MIL ordered a box (not sure the count or size) months ago. As I was walking upstairs my FIL told me that I should not order anymore diapers or buy anymore diapers because my church is doing a "diaper drive" for me and on top of that I have a shower this weekend and a shower at work next week and that I could get a bunch of diapers.
I was a bit taken a back by that comment as you can really never have TOO MANY diapers and on top of all that, unless everyone comes to all the showers bringing at least 2-3 packs/boxes of diapers, you still won't have enough just from those showers.
I am really not sure what to think.

TeresaV April 29th, 2013 06:45 PM

Re: Diapers

I have 2 packs of NB Pampers, 4 or 5 packs of size 1. I don't want to go too crazy until I know what brand works best for us.

TeresaMomTo2Boys April 29th, 2013 06:48 PM

i am going all the way with pampers...that is the only brand that worked for me with Aidan. everything else ripped, tabs broke or leaked. a coworker even gave us a small NB pack of pampers swaddlers then we have a few sample huggies diapers.

Mom2LillieAidan April 29th, 2013 07:02 PM

I got a bunch of diapers for my shower and I know we'll be good for a bit so I won't be buying any until we run out, but realistically, I KNOW we'll have to buy some eventually.

beatlechicksteph April 29th, 2013 07:07 PM

We only bought one small pack of NB and one small pack of size 1. This way we have some, but right now we don't have the storage for it. We'll buy more after we move and he gets here and we know if the brand we bought works.

eshute April 29th, 2013 07:53 PM

We have 1 box of size 1's. Haha. That's it. Because we don't know yet what brand will work best for us and how long we'll need NB size. I'm hoping to get a bunch at my shower.

hilachu April 29th, 2013 08:43 PM

We have three boxes of size 1 pampers swaddlers and one box of size 2 and another smaller pack of size 1's. We really only used the newborn size until we ran out of the ones taken from the hospital

MissyBee April 29th, 2013 08:59 PM

We have 2 packs (not big ones) of size 2's that I got at our shower this week, but that's it. I tried to buy some newborn diapers tonight at Walmart and my husband wouldn't let me. I don't think he has any idea about diapers and how many we'll need! I may just start buying some when i'm out on my own so we have them.

MamaSkunk April 29th, 2013 09:06 PM

I have one box of NB sized Pampers Swaddlers. I will also get maybe a box or two of sized one. But I think yes you can get too many diapers lol especially if everyone gives you size NB or size 1.

Joanne Nicole April 30th, 2013 05:15 AM

I bought two of the small packages of the Pampers NB Swaddlers - enough to last us a week or so until the umbilical stump falls off. This baby is on track to weigh about the same as DD when she was born (just under 8 lbs) so the NB diapers don't fit for long. After that I plan on switching to the size 1's from a brand called ATTITUDE. They make biodegradable diapers, which I think is just awesome. I bought 2 cases, which is 288 diapers. Sounds like a lot, but newborns go through sometimes 10-12 diapers a day, so in reality, 288 diapers is only about a month's worth.

Kim3 April 30th, 2013 05:19 AM

It will depend on the size you purchase and receive. If I go full term this child is likely to be 7 1/2 to 8 1/2 pounds. Then a BF child grows faster than formula fed in the first 6 months. Therefore, I watch the number of N and size 1. They quickly go past that.

Mom2LillieAidan April 30th, 2013 07:48 AM

Just remember, both Walmart and Target will exchange diapers for a different size as long as they're not open.

cheerfulsunrise April 30th, 2013 08:25 AM

We don't have any diapers yet!! This is still on my list of things to get...

TeresaMomTo2Boys April 30th, 2013 01:44 PM

Im starting at size 1 as I know baby may not fit into NB size.

edgeofelise April 30th, 2013 02:19 PM

We have one package of NB pampers just to get us through the first few bleary days (especially if I have another C/S and DH is on diaper duty) and then we'll be switching to cloth which is already prepped and ready to go. We'll probably use 'sposies at night too, but I'm playing that one by ear. We also have one box of size 3's because DH bought the wrong size for DD a few months ago and we figured we'll use them eventually, lol.

zkat April 30th, 2013 05:20 PM

Until today, we didn't have any diapers. My managers threw me a small shower at work today and I got several packs there.

Gen88 April 30th, 2013 08:31 PM

I have 2 small packs of size 1.so yeahhhhh we definitely need to buy a lot more! ☺