JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   So HOT and sweating (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2647019-so-hot-and-sweating.html)

Kalynas_Mom April 30th, 2013 06:46 AM

So HOT and sweating

Last night I couldn't sleep at all because I was so bloody hot. DH was getting annoyed because he said it was freezing but I couldn't cool down. Even today I had my car air conditioning on trying to cool down. Its only about 14C here so it's not that hot. Anyone else having random night sweating and hot flashes?

MamaSkunk April 30th, 2013 06:49 AM

Re: So HOT and sweating

I did with DD toward the end...so far not yet but it definitely sucks! Its a very common later pregnancy symptom and apparently is more common if you have a lot of swelling.

Joanne Nicole April 30th, 2013 06:50 AM

Me! The last two nights I've been waking up drenched in sweat. I had the fan on and the window open last night and DH said I was crazy.

mommyandwife08 April 30th, 2013 06:51 AM

I have been waking up covered in sweat every morning for a few weeks now. I hate it!

cheerfulsunrise April 30th, 2013 07:21 AM

I feel like I have been hotter this whole pregnancy!! I had to bring a fan to work (I USED to use a space heater! and my coworkers still use space heaters!!). I also don't sleep with blankets anymore, for the most part.

LisaS April 30th, 2013 08:40 AM

DH is usually the one who's always hot, but lately he's been complaining about me turning on the air conditioning when it's cold to begin with. LOL! I told him when he's pregnant and gigantic, he can control the temperature of the house and I won't complain. Until then, he's gotta suck it up for another month.

navywifey2003 April 30th, 2013 10:53 AM

Im hot but its also 97F here so that adds to it.

eshute April 30th, 2013 12:15 PM

For a while now I get really hot in the middle of the night. I've also had a few hot flashes - one being at the hospital when I went in to get my BP checked. The nurse looked at me and asked "are you always this red?". I told her no and that I was boiling. She turned the thermostat completely off and I was still sweating through the whole thing.

overlinmommy17 April 30th, 2013 12:33 PM

I am certainly hotter than i usually am! my coworkers keep saying how cold it is and they are dragging out the space heaters and i am like dying! lol my feet and hands get super hot for some reason.

MrsLat April 30th, 2013 01:16 PM

I have been getting soooo hot and super sweaty at night. I have been hot this whole pregnancy, but man the last few nights have been terrible. I have had to have the AC on AND a fan in the room. And its averaging only 65-70 degrees outside. I am so so glad that I will be done being pregnant before it hits the 90-100+ degree temps it does in the summer here.

Kalynas_Mom May 1st, 2013 06:13 AM

I can't IMAGINE being pregnant through the heat of the summer. I think we're all lucky that by July most of us should have our babies because heavily pregnant + sweltering heat must be a horrific combination. I slept with all the windows open and fans last night and it was amazing. DH said he was cold but he can suck it up and put on a sweater if he wants to be whiny about it.

Oh and i'm glad i'm not the only one. I happened to google sweating during the third trimester and the FIRST page I read said "possible causes include Hodgkins Lymphoma in pregnancy". Remind me NOT to google haha

navywifey2003 May 1st, 2013 08:12 AM

Dr. Google is evil! :lol: