JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   What IS my kid doing in there?! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2647132-what-my-kid-doing-there.html)

eshute April 30th, 2013 12:25 PM

What IS my kid doing in there?!

So the last couple of days I've been a little confused. I wake up and she's low (which is new because her butt has been up under my left boob for weeks). I get up and after breakfast she's back to her usual spot under my ribs. Then today, she was up high as usual, then for lunch she was low. This was nice because we went out for lunch and I actually was able to eat without heartburn and feeling completely too full right away. By the time we were home, she was back up again. Is this normal? I know she should start dropping soon, but I thought that once they started moving that direction, they didn't move back up? I'm ready to not see that little football popping up on my left side. Sometimes she pushes pretty hard like she's trying to get away from something, haha.

MamaSkunk April 30th, 2013 12:28 PM

Re: What IS my kid doing in there?!

DD didn't drop til 38 weeks so Anna may not have dropped fully yet. And YOU will know when she's dropped for sure cuz you pretty much will feel like you can't walk without holding the under part of your belly and you will feel so heavy there with a lot of pressure. She's still just shifting around in there likely. :)

QueenCrafty April 30th, 2013 01:00 PM

Totally normal. I don't think I dropped with Abri until just a few days before she was born. And yes it totally felt like I had to carry the belly or else she would fall out

edgeofelise April 30th, 2013 01:07 PM

This guy floats all around, too. DD never did engage, but it's normal for first babies to drop around 38 weeks. Sometimes they don't drop before labor at all, so it's totally normal to feel the kiddo go up and down.

eshute April 30th, 2013 01:32 PM

Oh good, I mean..I figured I'd know if something was wrong, but I'm glad it's normal for her to go up and down. I have gotten some extra pressure off and on way down low when she's not wedged up under my boob...Not looking forward to that feeling all the time!

MissyBee April 30th, 2013 04:32 PM

Porter is like that. He mostly hangs out in my ribs, but when I get up from laying down (in the middle of the night or the morning) he's super low and there's a lot of pressure (especially if I really have to pee!) but once I'm up and going, he's usually back in my ribs. Probably has to do with the way things shift when you lay down vs stand up. Just my guess!