JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Appointment went... Meh, okay (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2647251-appointment-went-meh-okay.html)

MrsLat April 30th, 2013 07:10 PM

Appointment went... Meh, okay

Had my 34 week check up today. Doc isn't thrilled because I have lost 4lbs since my appt 2 weeks ago. I am definitely not trying to lose weight.. just have been pretty nauseated and have to choke down my food. So at this point I have a total gain of 17lbs.

I told him I have been feeling "off" and BH are getting more painful so he decided to check my cervix. I am 1 cm dialated. Not sure what percent effaced. He said I have about 1.5 cm of cervix left?

There is a little concern that my cerclage stitch could rip my cervix if there is too much strain on it so we will be checking again in 2 weeks and if need be, we will remove it but that could mean I could go into labor very quickly. But for now, it is holding.

But baby sounds good. He was moving all over. Still head down. HB was 135. He thinks he has passed the 5lb weight mark based on his size. BP and urine strip were good :)

MamaSkunk April 30th, 2013 07:18 PM

Re: Appointment went... Meh, okay

Glad he's doing OK and things are still OK with you.

navywifey2003 April 30th, 2013 07:18 PM

That's probably referring to shorting the 1.5cm left. It starts long and shortens towards the end and once it's done shortening it begins to dilate more. Huge hugs Hun, in 2 weeks you will be 36 weeks and it will be much less to worry about!

MrsLat April 30th, 2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navywifey2003 (Post 27330023)
That's probably referring to shorting the 1.5cm left. It starts long and shortens towards the end and once it's done shortening it begins to dilate more. Huge hugs Hun, in 2 weeks you will be 36 weeks and it will be much less to worry about!

That's what I thought he meant, also. Yeah, I will definitely feel a lot better about it if things can remain calm for another 2 weeks. He was very reassuring--telling me that things are in a good spot and each week it just gets better and better towards the end. Staying positive. The ripping cervix thing freaks me out though! Ugh.

navywifey2003 April 30th, 2013 07:35 PM

I don't think that's uncommon especially since this is your third. Huge hugs Hun!

Kim3 May 1st, 2013 04:19 AM

Hope little one stays for another two weeks. Sounds like he is a nice weight :)

MamaSkunk May 1st, 2013 08:40 AM

The 1.5 cm left he is referring to is effacement. The length of your cervix. 1.5 is almost 50% effaced I believe.

QueenCrafty May 1st, 2013 11:22 AM

Stay put baby!

eshute May 1st, 2013 11:30 AM

Hope things stay calm for at least another two weeks. Sounds like the doc is pretty at ease about it, so that's always good. Glad baby is doing good, too!

Kalynas_Mom May 1st, 2013 12:21 PM

Hope you feel okay for the next couple of weeks and that nothing happens with the cerclage. Glad baby is doing great though :)

ashleykathleen May 1st, 2013 07:48 PM

While I don't have your history of early labor, I can sympathize on feeling "off" and having tons of uncomfortable contractions. I have an appointment tomorrow and plan to mention it...

Anywho, glad baby boy is a nice healthy weight and I hope he stays put at least another 2 weeks for you!

mommy220 May 2nd, 2013 02:49 AM

I am glad that overall everything looked good for you. I don't blame you for being nervous about the cerclage but it sounds like they are going to monitor it closely.