JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Just had to inform DH... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2647259-just-had-to-inform-dh.html)

beatlechicksteph April 30th, 2013 07:41 PM

Just had to inform DH...

That Arthur won't be walking and talking by the time he has to go back to work in August. The look of devastation on his face that he would be missing his first steps and first words broke my heart. It made him feel better that Arthur *may* not walk until after he turns 1 in June, so he would be back on vacation again. And we can hope he saves all his other major developments for when he's home. LOL But you could really tell he has never been around babies before and has no idea about development. When he asked if Arthur would be walking by the time he had to go back to work, I looked at him and said, "Honey, he won't even be able to sit up by himself by the time you have to go back to work..."

zkat April 30th, 2013 08:02 PM

Re: Just had to inform DH...

LOL

Bourne managed to do all his first big milestones at home, or at least if he did them at the day home, she totally lied to us :D. When he was about to crawl or walk or roll over, she wouldn't let him down on the floor so he couldn't do it for the first time at her house. Maybe you can do the same for DH.

4hearts April 30th, 2013 08:15 PM

Awww...That's so cute. I hope he gets to see it.

MissyBee April 30th, 2013 09:03 PM

Aww. I feel like my husband is the same way. He has no idea of when the baby will do what.

I've witnessed kids I babysit do "first" things and I just pretend like I didn't see it until the parent mentions it and then I act all excited. You could always just pretend like something is the first time when he sees it to make him feel better! Lol.

MrsLat April 30th, 2013 10:58 PM

:ditto: If they happened to reach a milestone while DH was at work, I wouldn't say anything until he saw it himself and then I would act all excited like it was the first time. :) There was once I was out of the room and DH yelled, "Babe BABE he just rolled over! You missed it!" and I acted all shocked but I had seen him do it like 3 times already earlier in the day ;)

MamaSkunk April 30th, 2013 11:13 PM

Lol yanno my DD walked before she was 1. So if Arthur happens to be a baby who wants to be on the move its entirely possible that he could see him walk during next years summer vacation :) I would remind him of that. And one of the first and cutest milestones is that first smile(the non gas bubble ones) and that he could definitely see before he goes back to work THIS year :D

Kalynas_Mom May 1st, 2013 06:06 AM

DH was actually away for work when DD walked at 10 months. I pulled out my phone and shot a video of it and sent it to him. I think he was sad he missed it but also glad he had a video to watch of it!

navywifey2003 May 1st, 2013 07:47 AM

I always videod the kids milestones since Kyle was gone so much. New daddies are awesome. :)

beatlechicksteph May 1st, 2013 08:55 AM

Yeah, I have a feeling I'm going to have that video camera out and ready to go for him. Luckily Matt's job let's him get home early, and he has SO many breaks...maybe we'll be lucky and some milestones will happen during Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Breaks... :D

MamaSkunk May 1st, 2013 09:41 AM

Steph you never know tho. Arthur could wait to do his big milestones when daddys home. I would say about 75% of DDs milestones she did when he was home from work for the day or on a weekend etc. I don't think there's as much to worry about as ya both are thinking lol ;)

zombiemommy May 1st, 2013 01:48 PM

My hubs works 4 10's a week and dd managed to do all of her milestones on workdays after he had gotten home... I doubt we will get that lucky this time.

Brie289 May 1st, 2013 03:26 PM

I saw DS crawl the first time, actually got that on video. DH saw him walk his first steps so we are even although I'm pretty sure he actually took his true first steps at the sitters and they pretended he didn't Very sweet of them :smile: