JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Waxing? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2648563-waxing.html)

bobbiejo1982 May 6th, 2013 11:26 AM

Waxing?

Anyone gotten waxed before? Going to before baby comes.

It getting more difficult to shave my legs and other areas. Was considering getting waxed. How long will it last? Opinions?

navywifey2003 May 6th, 2013 11:31 AM

Re: Waxing?

I haven't I just enlist the hubby.

zombiemommy May 6th, 2013 11:58 AM

I wax religiously every 4 weeks! It really depends on your hair growth, how fast it will grow back. When I worked in the salon... some of my clients would go 6 weeks without coming back, others only two.
If you have really sensitive skin or are scared of reaction due to crazy pregnancy hormones, request hard wax only or sugaring when/if you go on anything other than your legs! Legs should be find with the soft wax and paper, but sugaring works great for them too!
I love waxing... I'd be one hairy woman without it.

QueenCrafty May 6th, 2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navywifey2003 (Post 27343249)
I haven't I just enlist the hubby.

You are one brave woman! I wouldn't let my DH get within 10 feet of that area with a razor. :lol:

bobbiejo1982 May 6th, 2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zombiemommy (Post 27343352)
I wax religiously every 4 weeks! It really depends on your hair growth, how fast it will grow back. When I worked in the salon... some of my clients would go 6 weeks without coming back, others only two.
If you have really sensitive skin or are scared of reaction due to crazy pregnancy hormones, request hard wax only or sugaring when/if you go on anything other than your legs! Legs should be find with the soft wax and paper, but sugaring works great for them too!
I love waxing... I'd be one hairy woman without it.

I think i am going to do just the legs first and see how i react. I would love a brazilian but just unsure. To you is it worth the money to keep going? I just can't stand stubble lol

navywifey2003 May 6th, 2013 02:34 PM

He's actually quite good at it, plus he doesn't get super close and mostly just cleans it up.

TeresaV May 6th, 2013 02:37 PM

I can't shave because I get crazy ingrown hairs. Waxing down there scares me. I trim with an electric trimmer. It gets pretty close without causing all the bumps. I am pretty much going by feel at this point. I can, however, still shave my legs okay.

bribugg13 May 6th, 2013 04:12 PM

I didn't wax down there for baby, but I did for my wedding...and OWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! I will never do it again. And that is that. :lol:

Now, I don't even flinch when I get my eyebrows and face waxed lol but boy, oh, boy was the other a different story!!

bobbiejo1982 May 7th, 2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bribugg13 (Post 27344110)
I didn't wax down there for baby, but I did for my wedding...and OWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! I will never do it again. And that is that. :lol:

Now, I don't even flinch when I get my eyebrows and face waxed lol but boy, oh, boy was the other a different story!!

YOKES! that doesn't sound fun. I so want to but am scared. think I'll just try the legs first.

eshute May 7th, 2013 02:04 PM

TMI, but I gave up shaving down there a while ago. SO doesn't care and honestly at this point I don't either. Somehow I doubt how much hair I have is not going to be the topic of conversation when I'm in labor. As for my legs, I can still get to them. SO says he'll help me when I need it, though, and I trust him to do a good job. As for waxing, my skin is too sensitive and I know I'd have one hell of a time! I hear good things about it, though.

MamaSkunk May 7th, 2013 05:06 PM

I can still shave my legs and down there thankfully...I just do it blind.

Joanne Nicole May 7th, 2013 05:20 PM

I don't shave anywhere normally. I use an epilator on my legs and underarms, and get a brazillian wax every 4 weeks. Been doing it for years - I've always gotten really bad ingrown hairs when I shave, and honestly waxing/epilating doesn't hurt. The first time there were a few "owww" moments, but as long as you keep doing it, the hair doesn't get a deep seated root when it grows back and it comes out a lot easier.

But since getting pregnant, my skin is crazy sensitive. I haven't been able to epilate or wax. I've resorted to shaving my legs, and just letting the brazillian area go completely feral, lol. I was hardly shaving my legs more than once every couple of weeks, but now that it's warm enough for dresses and shorts I'll probably start shaving at least once a week. As far as the other area...DH hasn't shown any interest in going anywhere near there since January...so I'm not terribly fussed that it looks like a jungle.

I'm really hoping that my skin goes back to normal after the baby comes and I can go back to my normal routine.

Funny side note - with my last pregnancy, I didn't have this sensitive skin issue, and I was able to get a brazillian just two weeks before giving birth. My mother showed up unexpectedly and stayed for the main event...needless to say she was absolutely shocked when she saw my lack of hair down there. She actually asked me, during labour, what happened to all my hair! So embarrassing. I don't think she'd ever even heard of a brazillian wax!

lalap May 7th, 2013 05:25 PM

These days, I just blindly swipe and hope I don't see blood.