JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   What does it feel like when your water starts to break? TMI (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2649000-what-does-feel-like-when-your-water-starts-to-break-tmi.html)

crawmommy May 7th, 2013 09:11 PM

What does it feel like when your water starts to break? TMI

So tonight I sat down to eat dinner and I felt like I peed my pants...more than a tinkle but not like relieving your bladder. So I went to the bathroom and it didn't smell like pee and it wasn't as thick as discharge so I don't know if my water started to break or leak or if it was just increased discharge. So of course i had to change my panties and then a few minutes later i had just a little tinkle of whatever it was again but then I haven't had anything since....SO confused!

I have an appt @830 tomorrow morning so I will be addressing it then.

Needless to say I freaked out a bit and after dd swim class I frantically cleaned up my house did a bunch of laundry and started cracking the whip on the baby laundry and started getting my bag ready. I want to make sure I have it ready in case they keep me or something tomorrow..
:eek:I AM FREAKING OUT BIG TIME!!:eek:

MerinSun May 7th, 2013 09:13 PM

Re: What does it feel like when your water starts to break? TMI

Oooo! Exciting!

I'd be standing over a towel in the bathroom with legs spread wide open and seeing if there is any kind of a "flow" and if I could stop it by doing kegel exercises.

Drink LOOOOOTS of water tonight! :)

MissyBee May 7th, 2013 09:14 PM

I have no idea since I'm a first time mom, but keep us posted!!!

MrsLat May 7th, 2013 09:18 PM

When my water broke with my last pregnancy it was kind of like that... just a trickle that didn't stop. Not a gush.

KUP on how it goes tomorrow! Did they tell you to call the doc on call or go into L&D if you thought your water had broken?

crawmommy May 7th, 2013 09:25 PM

Oh my I'm trying to keep these babies in not jump start things. I figure if it happens again I will call. but yes I am drinking lots of water I have been the last few days.

MamaSkunk May 7th, 2013 09:32 PM

That's exactly what it feels like. It just keeps trickling. Oh boy. Glad you have an appt in the morning at least. If you do have to go in you better text me Melissa!!!

TeresaMomTo2Boys May 7th, 2013 09:39 PM

I was induced last time and most likely will again this time and dr broke my water

navywifey2003 May 7th, 2013 09:48 PM

I had that happen with David and it was not my water. Huge hugs Hun! Thinking about you.

dmreed32 May 8th, 2013 12:30 AM

I hope it was just pee haha. Glad you have an appointment in a few hours. Good luck!

QueenCrafty May 8th, 2013 03:47 AM

Mine broke and I felt and heard a small pop and it gushed. Trickling can happen though. I think a good way to judge is to change panties when it happens so you know how long it takes to soak through underwear and how often you need to change. Definitely mention it at your appointment today though

crawmommy May 8th, 2013 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmreed32 (Post 27348344)
I hope it was just pee haha. Glad you have an appointment in a few hours. Good luck!

I hope it was just pee too...lol! How often do we wish we peed out pants...baaahaaaaaa!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaSkunk (Post 27348208)
That's exactly what it feels like. It just keeps trickling. Oh boy. Glad you have an appt in the morning at least. If you do have to go in you better text me Melissa!!!

Karry my dr appts are at the hospital so if something is happening they just have me walk over :)

Kim3 May 8th, 2013 04:20 AM

KUP :p

rcjh12 May 8th, 2013 04:45 AM

Ooh, thinking of you this morning!

KellBell2621 May 8th, 2013 04:57 AM

with my first, my water broke just like that...felt kind of like i peed my pants but i didnt. then every half hour or so more would gush out but they were small gushes. my sil was in town and she had just had a baby...she gave me one of his diapers to use as a pad haha and i was on my way to the hospital. once there the nurse officially broke my water and a huge gush came out. i was positive for group b strep so as soon as my water broke i needed to be on the antibiotic and in the hospital. good luck! keep us posted :)

eshute May 8th, 2013 05:19 AM

KUP! I'm a first timer so no advice, sorry! Good luck though!

MarylandMama May 8th, 2013 05:38 AM

Mine was just like that. I thought it was my water, but not sure. I called the dr, they had me come in to check, confirmed it was in fact my water, and send me straight to the hospital. Good luck! I hope it's not for you and that those babies keep cooking a bit longer! KUP!

Kalynas_Mom May 8th, 2013 06:13 AM

I was laying on the couch and I suddenly felt very strange and I felt like (TMI) a big bubble was coming out haha and then suddenly a big gush. It leaked continuously after that until the next day when I went to the hospital. Hope your appt goes well!!!

4hearts May 8th, 2013 06:39 AM

Hope everything is going well. I'll be stalking!

LisaS May 8th, 2013 07:43 AM

When mine broke, it was a pop and a gush too. Maybe TMI, but I noticed it smelled like semen...don't know if you sniffed it tho. :P

pamela.burke611 May 8th, 2013 10:04 AM

when my water broke with my daughter it was the middle of the night and it wasn't an explosion but it was like I peed my pants and couldn't stop peeing.. it was like a flow of pee but it was not pee and I knew it wasn't pee because I would try to tighten up and it wouldn't stop coming.. I mean it just kept coming it wasn't a trickle.. it wasn't a gusher but it kept coming out in a stream like pee so I dunno... lol omg I am so excited keep us posted!!

oh ya and it was clear and watery-ish and like another said, was smelling salty/semen-ish LOL