JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Pelvis finally spreading (I think). (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2649056-pelvis-finally-spreading-i-think.html)

eshute May 8th, 2013 07:20 AM

Pelvis finally spreading (I think).

I've heard a lot of women on here talk about having the hip and pelvic pain from the pelvis spreading, but up until about a week ago, I didn't think mine did anything. I don't know if it's just from being a first timer or because I've got wide hips to begin with. In any case, about a week ago I noticed my hips hurting a lot more and my pelvis cracking. Yep, like I'd crack my neck or my knuckles, my pelvis cracks. The first time it happened was in the middle of the night when I stretched out my legs, I froze for a second waiting for an explosion of pain, but nope. Felt fine. It's pretty weird!

Anyone else just now starting to feel some spreading and shifting?

edgeofelise May 8th, 2013 07:51 AM

Re: Pelvis finally spreading (I think).

I don't even know. My hips are already huge and they ache like crazy all the time. I do know that my butt is a lot bigger, lol.

rcjh12 May 8th, 2013 11:51 AM

I try not to think too much about my hips/butt ... they are a sore topic when I'm NOT pregnant ;) But I do feel like baby is starting to work his/her way down and move things around. I was having sharp pains earlier on from nerve pains in my hips, but lately I'm just more achy, especially if I sit or stand in the same position too long.

QueenCrafty May 8th, 2013 01:09 PM

My hips are sore at the end of the day as if I had done a long run. My hips pop more often now too and it feels so good when it does. I usually try to stretch my hips at night before going to bed. I remember the hip pain being unbearable with my first pregnancy

dmreed32 May 8th, 2013 01:39 PM

My pelvic pain has been bad a long time. I can barely move at the end of the day. I'm pretty sure it has spread enough that a small whale could swim on thru. Too bad nothing is coming out that way haha

eshute May 8th, 2013 03:52 PM

Haha. The weird popping/cracking in my pelvis (it's literally between my legs) is so weird! I've cracked my hip before and it's not the same, but it feels fine and doesn't hurt. It's just that I never knew it was possible. Lol. I'm glad that something is going on though!

zkat May 8th, 2013 06:49 PM

My hip flexors and it band have been very achy. I envision my butt getting wider by the day

MamaSkunk May 8th, 2013 08:30 PM

I feel like between my big belly and hips spreading...I feel like a guy when I sit there is hardly any crossing my legs instead its like yea open for business Haha

beatlechicksteph May 8th, 2013 08:49 PM

Arthur's head is right in my pelvis I learned today, which explains all the pelvic pressure and pain I've been feeling lately. I told the doctor I was going to ask him about my pelvic pressure, but after the ultrasound I figured out it was his head. I'm SOOO uncomfortable, especially when I'm in bed and need to roll over, it's like intense pain in my pelvic region. And then add to the fact that he's resting right on my bladder...*sigh* I would not be sad if this child came early LOL

QueenCrafty May 9th, 2013 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaSkunk (Post 27350813)
I feel like between my big belly and hips spreading...I feel like a guy when I sit there is hardly any crossing my legs instead its like yea open for business Haha

:lol: Glad I'm not the only one!