JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Fisher Price Rock n Play Sleeper? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2649204-fisher-price-rock-n-play-sleeper.html)

~Traci~ May 8th, 2013 06:56 PM

Fisher Price Rock n Play Sleeper?

Has anyone ever used one of these before? We used the pack-n-play in our room with DD for the first couple of months, but I would love to find something that doesn't take up as much space. Any recommendations?

Amazon.com: Fisher-Price Newborn Rock 'N Play Sleeper, Pink Gingham and Giraffe: Baby

crawmommy May 8th, 2013 07:01 PM

Re: Fisher Price Rock n Play Sleeper?

I want these as well! My friend had one and swore by it

MamaSkunk May 8th, 2013 07:02 PM

Quite a few of moms have used these. I did however just see at Walmart they had a huge recall on the fisher price rock n play sleepers so please check first before buying to see if that particular model is included in the recall. (Not sure I would trust them as they felt kinda flimsy and unsturdy in my opinion)

mommy220 May 8th, 2013 07:09 PM

I am borrowing one from a friend.

rcjh12 May 8th, 2013 07:13 PM

I've heard good things. We've looked into them but haven't purchased anything yet.

TeresaV May 8th, 2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaSkunk (Post 27350521)
(Not sure I would trust them as they felt kinda flimsy and unsturdy in my opinion)

I kinda thought the same thing. I didn't get one just for that reason.

MrsLat May 8th, 2013 07:26 PM

I have heard lots of good things about them. We didn't get one, but that is because money is tight and we already had the pack and play. But I would definitely consider one if I could!

~Traci~ May 8th, 2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeresaV (Post 27350570)
I kinda thought the same thing. I didn't get one just for that reason.

I haven't actually looked at it in the store, but I was also a little worried about that especially having a 3 year old around. I would not want it to get knocked over accidentally. The recall looks like it is for mold. I would certainly keep it clean and make sure mold is not an issue.

QueenCrafty May 8th, 2013 07:30 PM

I think the recall was due to the cushions getting moldy if baby spit up or spilled a bottle and it wasn't cleaned properly. I've heard really good things about them otherwise.

http://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2013/Fis...osure-to-Mold/

mommyandwife08 May 8th, 2013 08:00 PM

This was amazing with my second, totally wished I had it with my first. It was the only way we could ever get him to sleep. I had a 2 year old at that time and while he could have pulled it over, it was sturdy enough to never tip when he would grab onto the sides and look in at baby. We got another one for this baby too.

mommy to alexander May 9th, 2013 06:41 AM

I'm jumping in from the April board, I hope you don't mind! We used a pack and play for my other two and got this for this baby and we love it! It takes up so much less room and Evelyn sleeps in it so good. I also have a 3 yr old and she hasn't even went in the room when she was asleep. We only use it to sleep in at night, but I think it's sturdy and am not afraid to put baby in it. I totally recommend it!

Kyla0709 May 9th, 2013 06:50 AM

I'd kind of like one, but my boys can get really rowdy and I worry about them tipping it over. I think I'll see how they act around the baby for a month and then maybe I'll reconsider. I found a mini pack a play though! My house is super old, like over 100, so all the rooms are tiny and doorways are small and I couldn't believe my luck when I found a mini pack and play. Amazon.com: Graco Travel Lite Crib with Stages, Peyton: Baby It is significantly smaller than my regular sized one.

Madison.Hailey.Zack May 9th, 2013 06:54 AM

I have never used one because we have a bassinet that we've used for both the girls. I would be worried about my 18 month old trying to climb in it or tip it over with the baby in there.

bobbiejo1982 May 9th, 2013 10:58 AM

I plan to get one and use it my my room at night instead of a bassinet. I have heard good things

Gen88 May 9th, 2013 02:45 PM

I have one and I can't wait to use it, the recall was about mold growing on it if not cleaned properly which it can happen to anything if not cleaned properly. I hear great things about it.

~Traci~ May 9th, 2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy to alexander (Post 27351262)
I'm jumping in from the April board, I hope you don't mind! We used a pack and play for my other two and got this for this baby and we love it! It takes up so much less room and Evelyn sleeps in it so good. I also have a 3 yr old and she hasn't even went in the room when she was asleep. We only use it to sleep in at night, but I think it's sturdy and am not afraid to put baby in it. I totally recommend it!

Not at all. Thanks for your input. I think we may go for it and give it a try. I was seriously not looking forward to being trapped in bed by the pnp. I hated crawling out of bed around the pnp, but wanted it close to me so I could grab her and nurse. It was a pain. :rolleyes:

ahruska May 9th, 2013 06:47 PM

LOL sorry I'm from July DDC and clicked the wrong one!

We got one for this baby and I'm anxious to see if he likes it. DD hated the pack and play so we wanted to try something smaller and different.