JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Ameda pump (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2649214-ameda-pump.html)

crawmommy May 8th, 2013 06:42 PM

Ameda pump

So I randomly called my insurance today just to check to see if they give a free breast pump or anything else for mamas even though my friend has the same insurance and they didn't cover anything like that 2 years ago. To my surprise they do & are sending me a free Ameda double electric pump!!! I already have a medela pump in style from before but this one seems nice.

Anyone have one? What do you think of it? How does it compare to the medela pump in style?

bobbiejo1982 May 8th, 2013 06:56 PM

Re: Ameda pump

That's what I got too from my insurance but haven't used it yet obviuosly lol

QueenCrafty May 9th, 2013 03:14 AM

I bet it's the Ameda Purely Yours. I've used one and the Medela Pump in Style. I like both. I didn't really find a difference in output, although I was pumping less anyway when I had the Medela since I was at home. I found the Ameda to be a bit more comfortable on my boobs

TeresaV May 9th, 2013 05:02 AM

Courtney, did you find one was significantly quieter than the other? I'm going to be pumping at work and want to be as discreet as possible. I have heard nothing but good things about Medela, but some people complain about the noise. If the Ameda is similar but quieter, I may go that route.

crawmommy May 9th, 2013 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenCrafty (Post 27351081)
I bet it's the Ameda Purely Yours. I've used one and the Medela Pump in Style. I like both. I didn't really find a difference in output, although I was pumping less anyway when I had the Medela since I was at home. I found the Ameda to be a bit more comfortable on my boobs

It sure it Courtney! Thanks for the info

D&K's_mama May 9th, 2013 09:08 AM

I'm just curious what insurance you have? Ive been seriously thinking about calling my ins company to check if maybe I could get one!

bobbiejo1982 May 9th, 2013 09:35 AM

Mine was Blue Cross Blue Sheild

crawmommy May 9th, 2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D&K's_mama (Post 27351849)
I'm just curious what insurance you have? Ive been seriously thinking about calling my ins company to check if maybe I could get one!

I have Blue cross blue shield (fed basic) and I know that more insurance companies are starting to offer pumps and such I'm assumming bc the health data that has come out of bf babies vs. Non bf babies.

I always say it never hurts to try! All they can say is no we don't offer anything.

TeresaMomTo2Boys May 9th, 2013 06:52 PM

i have Aetna and I called the other day and they are giving me the Medela Pump In Style Double Electric, but I have to call the day I give birth (or following day depending on time) to tell them I gave birth as you have to "order" it within 60 days after delivery and it takes about a week to get one.....so if I do decide to BF and it works with lil man, then I will be constantly feeding for at least a week. I feel bad for DH not being able to feed though