JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Blood pressure crap again. :( (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2649803-blood-pressure-crap-again.html)

eshute May 11th, 2013 08:44 AM

Blood pressure crap again. :(

Appointment yesterday went all right. The lab didn't pick up my strep b culture last week, so we had to do that again. When the nurse took my blood pressure it was 138/90. Last week it was 136/68 so I stopped taking my BP at home thinking I was just stressing myself out, but it looks like it's still running a bit high. They told me to take it twice a day at home and if it's 140/90 or higher that they want to know. Well the one this morning was 140/96. I took it an hour later and it's 142/92. I don't have a headache today, and my swelling isn't anything new. Plus, no protein in my urine yesterday. SO wanted me to call them already today since he was there yesterday when they said to call if it was still up, but it's the weekend and it's not THAT high. Anna is moving around great this morning and so I don't know if it's worth calling on a Saturday.

Any advice? I don't want to risk anything, but I'm pretty sure they're just going to tell me to keep monitoring it and let them know if I get swelling, vision problems, or a bad headache. Right? I figure if it's up all this weekend I'll call it in Monday morning. Am I being too nonchalant?

Kyla0709 May 11th, 2013 08:52 AM

Re: Blood pressure crap again. :(

Well, you're definitely not in the dangerous range yet. My doctor says that 150/100 is concerning, and that she really gets concerned when it starts to hit 160/110 but it's still not in the stroke range. I would call the nurse and see if you can drop off a urine sample at a lab somewhere, just to make sure you're not having protein spillage, even though it's Saturday, there should be a lab open somewhere. But as long as you're still feeling okay, baby girl is moving fine and it's not spiking super high I wouldn't freak out quite yet. Just take it easy and watch for symptoms.

TeresaV May 11th, 2013 09:13 AM

Your BP issues sound JUST like mine. My doctor told me to relax as much as possible, drink tons of water (aim for 3 liters daily), keep an eye on BP at home, and limit salt as much as possible. My doc put me on 200mg of labatelol daily. I'm not sure what has helped and what hasn't, but my most recent reading was 128/84, down from 150/95. I think sitting around has helped me the most, to be honest. Hope your BP stays under control.

navywifey2003 May 11th, 2013 09:36 AM

I would try adding some extra protein to my diet over the weekend and a cal/mag/zinc supplement. And then watch for symptoms. Huge hugs Hun I know it's frustrating.