JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   7 hour car trip (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2650212-7-hour-car-trip.html)

Hopeful2BMommy May 13th, 2013 11:50 AM

7 hour car trip

I feel stupid even asking about this because I would be so scared to risk it. Our best friend is getting married in June and we know we cannot go to the wedding/reception. I'll be 37 weeks at that point.

His shower is this Saturday and I'll be 35 weeks. It is a 7 hour car trip. :rolleyes:

We feel just horrible about having to miss it, and we've already explained that we cannot make it to either (the shower or the wedding). He seems so disappointed. Says he thought he was planning it early enough for us to come.

Would you do it? Obviously not the wedding at 37 weeks, but what about the shower at 35 weeks? I seriously doubt we would go, but I just want to see what you would do.

TeresaV May 13th, 2013 11:54 AM

Re: 7 hour car trip

I can't even sit through a 2 hour movie at the theater. I couldn't imagine 7 hours in the car, regardless of breaks.

Hopeful2BMommy May 13th, 2013 12:01 PM

I think I could make the trip, but just thinking of being 7 hours away from my doctor scares the poo out of me.

Mom2LillieAidan May 13th, 2013 12:17 PM

Ask your doctor what they think. That's my best advice. With DD, I didn't travel past 30 weeks. This pregnancy, traveling hasn't been an issue, as we don't really have anywhere to go.

MarylandMama May 13th, 2013 12:20 PM

When I was pregnant with DD, I made my last trip to my grandparents' house that far at 35 weeks. I just didn't go in the last month. It wasn't a problem for me, but you have to do what works for you. I hope your friend is ok with whatever you decide.

crawmommy May 13th, 2013 01:17 PM

I wouldn't personally be too concerned at 35 weeks since it sounds like things have been good so far. I would just locate a few good hospitals along the way just in case of in emergency. But I would totally consult your dr first.

sunnydaze May 13th, 2013 02:03 PM

I am actually leaving on friday for a 7 hour trip to Connecticut to see my baby sister graduate from college.

Knowing that even if I went into labor....I've got time to make it to the hospital.

I'm not really worried about it.

wildchihuahua May 13th, 2013 03:04 PM

I'm in a similar situation and don't feel comfortable myself going for a 3.5 hour car trip, so I'm letting DH go alone.

zombiemommy May 13th, 2013 03:32 PM

I wouldn't. Having to stop so much to get out and walk... frequent potty breaks. The trip itself would suck. I've already said I will not ride/drive any farther than an hour and a half at this point!

Sucks not being about to attend, though :(

zkat May 13th, 2013 04:49 PM

Talk to your Dr.

When I was pregnant with Bourne, I flew up until 36 weeks on overnight trips for work with my Dr.'s blessing - and I am high risk. I don't think a 7 hour car ride is the most comfortable, but if you are willing to sacrifice to be there for your friend and your Dr. clears then, I then go for it.

QueenCrafty May 13th, 2013 06:34 PM

I would also ask your doctor. I'd be inclined to stay home, mostly because the drive would take forever because you will need to get out and stretch like a previous poster said. I had to turn down a good friend's baby shower because I'll be 37 weeks and unable to fly, nor would I want to make the 8 hour drive. It sucks missing out on special events for your friends :(