JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Traces of protein - BTDT (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2650336-traces-protein-btdt.html)

bribugg13 May 13th, 2013 07:52 PM

Traces of protein - BTDT

For those that have had trace amounts of protein show up in urine tests....did it always lead to pre-e or pregnancy induced hypertension? I haven't googled yet because I don't really want to read the worst case scenarios! lol But this is how it all started with Connor and I really, really, REALLY want my VBAC.

With Connor, not only did I end up having some protein in my urine, my BP spiked and stayed increased over the last few weeks of my pregnancy with him, which led to the induction. As of right now, my BP is perfect, but I had trace --very trace -- amounts of protein show on the pee stick! Thoughts?

Kyla0709 May 13th, 2013 08:06 PM

Re: Traces of protein - BTDT

Trace amounts can be normal, it just depends on how much is trace. But if it's not coupled with high BP I wouldn't consider it pre-e yet. And typically pre-e is less intense the next time you get it. It was true for me, with my first it was bad, I was doing lab tests two times a week, bi-weekly ultrasounds, labetalol, twice weekly 24 hour urine catches... With my second I didn't even get a spike in BP until about 38 weeks, and by that time I was far enough along that they just decided to induce. I'm not even sure I had protein in my urine and if my BP was high enough to really necessitate an induction. This time I'm really paying attention. My BP is normal at home, maybe a little on the high side, but regardless my OB wanted me to start labetalol. I really only attribute my high BP at the doctor to high anxiety about really not wanting to be induced again. I haven't had any spillage what so ever so far and my blood tests are perfect.

zkat May 13th, 2013 08:18 PM

I had small amounts a couple of weeks ago and my dr said it was nothing to worry about. I had some stomach issues the days before that may have caused it.

And the next week, it was back to normal

navywifey2003 May 13th, 2013 08:54 PM

I had a trace one time this pregnancy. Not concerning because there was no high bp. I'm sure they will keep an eye out.

pamela.burke611 May 14th, 2013 09:43 AM

yes, with my first pregnancy towards the end of my pregnancy I had a bit of protein in my urine along with one time of a higher bp resulting in a trip to L&D and had to do the 24 hour urine but it was all normal and just a weird day I guess because my bp went right down and no more protein in my urine after.. so weird. I will keep you in my thoughts- try not to worry! xx

Madison.Hailey.Zack May 14th, 2013 10:00 AM

I had it show up at my 37 week appointment with our youngest but it was also associated with high bp readings so did a 24 hour collection to confirm Pre-E.

With this pg at my 31 week appointment I had a trace but yesterday there was none.

ashleykathleen May 14th, 2013 10:17 AM

I've also had trace amounts a few months ago but my BP has stayed normal and all my urine dips since then have been normal.