JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   holy heartburn (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2650488-holy-heartburn.html)

PregnantAtLast May 14th, 2013 11:20 AM

holy heartburn

anyone else suffering??

TeresaV May 14th, 2013 11:33 AM

Re: holy heartburn

Only since I found out I was pregnant. Actually, I think the heartburn is what made me test.

PregnantAtLast May 14th, 2013 11:46 AM

mine is sooooooo bad i think im going to have to get the dr to prescribe me something :(

edgeofelise May 14th, 2013 12:08 PM

Mine was so bad the other night that I woke up choking on stomach acid because it just spills right out when I lay down. My midwives don't do prescriptions so I'm stuck with OTC stuff and monitoring what/when I eat, especially at night. I've gone through so many tums! I didn't have it nearly as bad with DD, but this baby is bigger and he was sitting really high as of last week. He's starting to drop, though, so it's improving a bit.

hilachu May 14th, 2013 01:49 PM

been way worse with this baby girl than my son
its pretty awful

4hearts May 14th, 2013 02:01 PM

Not until recently (3rd trimester) have I had any. It's still mild compared to other ladies I think though. I usually take 2 tums every other night before bed bc something I eat starts it up. Also citrus (OJ and Lemonade) gets it going.

Karenna May 14th, 2013 04:15 PM

I get it REALLY bad. Much worse this pregnancy then it was with my last.. I keep a big bottle of tums right next to my bed at night because thats when it is at its worse.

eshute May 14th, 2013 04:18 PM

Every. Single. Day. I've had it almost constantly since I got pregnant, but I have a history of acid reflux. I take zantac at night and eat tums like candy.

MissyBee May 14th, 2013 05:25 PM

I've had it off and on the whole time, but the last few weeks it has been extra horrible. Before a few tums would make it go away, but now nothing seems to help. Ugh.

QueenCrafty May 14th, 2013 06:06 PM

It's not nearly as bad as it was with my first, but it is definitely annoying. I had none with my second. The first few bites of my meals try to pop right back up my throat and I have to fight to keep it down. Occasionally I wake up at night to chomp on some Tums. My bottle is almost empty and I have almost 6 weeks to go! :(

MerinSun May 14th, 2013 07:56 PM

Alex could hold up his own head and do push-ups the day after he was born. I'm convinced it was because of all the Tums I devoured with him.

This one will also be impressively strong.