JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   DTD (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2650727-dtd.html)

navywifey2003 May 15th, 2013 10:56 AM

DTD

Who is still DTD? If not how long has it been?

Karenna May 15th, 2013 11:03 AM

Re: DTD

Poor hubby totally WANTS to DTD but there is just no way I can at this point lol! Between my back aches, constant pressure in my pelvic area, vericose vein on my lady parts (sorry tmi lol) and the fact that I am so tired all the time I just can't bring myself to do it :( He says he understands but its gotta be hard for him to REALLY understand..Its been about a month and a half since we last "tried" and even then it was hard for me..

sunnydaze May 15th, 2013 11:07 AM

I haven't in over a month. I want to but it's too painful to be penetrated. DH has really been a trooper however and doesn't complain at all.

It sucks because I really am 'in the mood" but can't physically do it. He better watch out when I finally can!

crawmommy May 15th, 2013 11:14 AM

It's been a few weeks I can't really remember. I told him starting this weekend maybe we can dtd again but I am thinking I more week...at 36 weeks I will be okay going into labor

navywifey2003 May 15th, 2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crawmommy (Post 27366146)
It's been a few weeks I can't really remember. I told him starting this weekend maybe we can dtd again but I am thinking I more week...at 36 weeks I will be okay going into labor

Even though I am only carrying 1 this is my thoughts right now. I told DH 37 weeks :lol: Its been a little bit for us too.

Joanne Nicole May 15th, 2013 11:27 AM

I got it for my birthday back in February, and before that I think it was in December. I've asked for it and tried to initiate tons of times (even though I feel like crap) but he refuses. Same thing happened when I was pregnant with DD - I think we DTD maybe half a dozen times during the whole pregnancy. I'm soooooo looking forward to getting back to normal, I miss it! Thankfully, as soon as the baby is born he's back into it. When DD was born, I don't think we managed to even wait 2 weeks.

TeresaV May 15th, 2013 11:40 AM

It's been...um....awhile. Poor DH. He's been really good about it, but I know it sucks for him. It is just too uncomfortable at this point. Plus, I'm not in the mood at all.

KellBell2621 May 15th, 2013 11:49 AM

ugh not enough lol. i think i share too much about my symptoms (pelvic pressure, leaking urine, cervical mucus) that he's like 'uhhh maybe another time' lol! it is hard to just find the time though with having a 1 yr old and dh work schedule (evenings/overnights) and then being exhausted during pregnancy. i'd say we average once a month, if that :(

Madison.Hailey.Zack May 15th, 2013 12:17 PM

Its been 2 weeks since we did anything. He asked for it the other night but I was in no mood to do it.

rcjh12 May 15th, 2013 12:35 PM

It's been a couple of weeks for us, which isn't entirely unusual with our different schedules. DH doesn't seem to mind too much, which almost makes me feel more guilty for the times when I'm just not interested.

TeresaMomTo2Boys May 15th, 2013 12:41 PM

It had been almost 2 months for us but we just dtd 2 Nights ago

eshute May 15th, 2013 12:48 PM

We still DTD about twice a week. We couldn't for about a week because I had some issues that are now resolved. He's really awesome about it, though. Doesn't push it or anything and luckily I'm still in the mood almost as much as I was before I got pregnant. Twice a week is slow for us, but my hips are getting worse every day and sometimes it's just not worth it. I tell him all the time that he's really lucky that he's getting it at all. :rolleyes:

beatlechicksteph May 15th, 2013 01:15 PM

Yeah...we haven't dtd this whole pregnancy. Which it really isn't that unusual for us to go a LONG time without dtd. Before we started ttc, we didn't dtd for 6 months, because I went off birth control and DH didn't want to accidentally get pregnant. I've been in the mood, he's been in the mood, but they've never matched up. DH has had a REALLY stressful year at work (he's been in tears and has had migraines constantly), so even if we weren't pregnant, we probably wouldn't have been dtd very often anyway. So hopefully when we're given the greenlight after the baby is here we'll get to dtd again :)

Gen88 May 15th, 2013 01:20 PM

Actually we just DTD last night for the first time in like 2 months, it was pretty pleasurable, I hadn't been in the mood at all and last time we tried it was kinda painful. But last night it was good. I just wanted to give DH some before baby comes. It was kinda hard to find a comfortable position though lol

QueenCrafty May 15th, 2013 01:25 PM

At least once a week or more if I can convince DH. I get grumpy if I only get it once a week. We've obviously had to make adjustments due to my hips and belly size but I'd say it's fairly normal amount for us.

ashleykathleen May 15th, 2013 01:36 PM

It's been about a week and a half since we DTD. We are averaging about once every 2 weeks or so. It's killing me. For some reason my sex drive has not taken a nose dive like it usually does during pregnancy so I want it multiple times a week just like before I was pregnant. DF does not feel that way. Things were pretty normal in the bedroom until I started getting a decent size belly. DF says it makes him uncomfortable for his daughter to be "right there" and it doesn't help that my belly is bigger now than it has ever been in either of my other pregnancies. It sucks but at least there is an end in sight and I know things will go back to normal after she is born...I think we waited maybe 3 weeks after DS was born lol.

Hopeful2BMommy May 15th, 2013 01:57 PM

We probably my won't again until after the baby. We tried a couple weeks ago and I was so tense that it just didn't work out. Then hubby found out that DTD can help with labor and he's resisting out of caution HAHA.

edgeofelise May 15th, 2013 02:02 PM

Not. Happening. I would honestly rather scrub the toilets with a toothbrush than be touched in any way right now. That's just how I get when I'm pregnant; DH is used to it. I think the last time we did was Christmas and I hated it.

MrsLat May 15th, 2013 02:56 PM

Its been about 3 weeks. Before that we were DTD about 2x a week. I think we will give it a go again after this Sunday when I reach 37 weeks.

I definitely notice our relationship is more strained during this time so I would like a chance to get close again before this baby comes!

pamela.burke611 May 15th, 2013 04:23 PM

we do but not as much as we normally do when I'm not pregnant. It hurts a lot for me when we do it right now.. we tried this morning and it (TMI) wouldn't go in it felt too big.. I don't know if I am just crazy swelled up or what but that's the only time that's happened... it was a true *** moment but anyway the huge belly freaks him out to begin with so he was cool about it... it sucks cause I am used to multiple times per day. Hopefully after baby comes I will work hard on getting myself back and really turn him all the way on again!