JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Who hasnt (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2650732-who-hasnt.html)

navywifey2003 May 15th, 2013 10:14 AM

Who hasnt

Washed baby clothes?
Put baby clothes away?
Put things together (the swing, bouncer)

Do you feel like you are slacking?

mommyandwife08 May 15th, 2013 10:21 AM

Re: Who hasnt

I haven't done any of those (although we don't really have to much to put together). I have gotten all the clothes, cloth diapers, blankets in a pile on the floor in her room but I am not even planning on washing stuff for a few more weeks. I feel like I am totally slacking but I try to tell myself it will helps those last few weeks go by faster. :D That is how I justify my procrastination anyways.

crawmommy May 15th, 2013 10:21 AM

Most the baby clothes are washed & put away.

Still need to finish prepping prefolds.
Have not put together swing & bouncer...I'm just thankful the cribs are put together!

Yep I'm slacking!

Karenna May 15th, 2013 10:23 AM

When I first started nesting about 2 months ago I washed and hung up ALL of babys clothes....but I have been wondering if I should wash them all again? Im worried that since its been 2 months or so that they might have gotten dusty just hanging up in the closet and not being used..what do you think? Lord knows I really don't want to re-wash everything (baby has tons of clothes by now LOL) but I want to do whats best....

TeresaV May 15th, 2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karenna (Post 27366177)
When I first started nesting about 2 months ago I washed and hung up ALL of babys clothes....but I have been wondering if I should wash them all again? Im worried that since its been 2 months or so that they might have gotten dusty just hanging up in the closet and not being used..what do you think? Lord knows I really don't want to re-wash everything (baby has tons of clothes by now LOL) but I want to do whats best....

I nested early. I've had sheets on the crib and clothes washed for a couple months at least. I'm not re-washing anything. I'm not worried about it.

We're pretty much ready to go. The only thing we still need to do it install the car seat. DH is procrastinating big time on this.

MissyBee May 15th, 2013 11:06 AM

I have all of his things washed and put away. But we haven't put the swing together yet. Hopefully this weekend that will get done! We still have to get the carseat in the car too, but we have to haul a few bigger things still, so we have to wait until we do that so we can put the seats down!

Madison.Hailey.Zack May 15th, 2013 11:13 AM

I just washed the car seat fabric and washed and put back together the bassinet. Feels like I just put the thing away. I've been washing and hanging clothes as I went. I think the only other thing I need to do is wipe down the new swing since its dusty from storage.

wildchihuahua May 15th, 2013 11:27 AM

I haven't really done anything, sad to say. I know there are clothes in the closet, and diapers too if I need them. But I have two showers in the next 5 days (one at work and one with friends), so I'll probably start nesting after that. I was NOT this laid back with my first kid, but by the third I'm much more relaxed. lol

rcjh12 May 15th, 2013 11:33 AM

The main thing I still need to do is get the crib from my sis, which won't be for a couple of weeks yet and we will use a bassinet until then, and get a swing. I've been trying to keep things washed and put together, etc. as we went along because I know my powers of procrastination.

TeresaMomTo2Boys May 15th, 2013 11:43 AM

Everything is washed/put away...big stuff still in boxes and crib still needs refinished but we gotta paint nursery before putting together all big stuff

beatlechicksteph May 15th, 2013 12:21 PM

I have washed all his clothes...and they're in a laundry basket. Nothing is put together. We've installed his carseat though, which is the most important thing. We can't do anything until we move in a couple weeks. And even then, we probably won't put anything together/away until my parents come out on the 15th.

ashleykathleen May 15th, 2013 12:26 PM

The clothes are all washed and put away but the swing is still in the box and I still need to pull the bouncer and carseat out of storage and wash the covers to both.

I'm not feeling like I'm slacking as far as my house and baby things go...having a name set in stone for this girl is another story :(

Gen88 May 15th, 2013 12:28 PM

I have everything ready, just need to install carseat, haven't done it yet cuz I feel like its gonna take a lot of room and we still use the backseat a lot specially cuz DS always has the need to carry lots of toys with him lol and DH uses the backseat for work papers and folders. We need to get some baskets for the trunk or something.

QueenCrafty May 15th, 2013 12:30 PM

I haven't done any of them yet. I just put clothes in the dresser drawer to get them out of the way for painting, which still hasn't happened yet. The swing is still up in our attic. The carseat is still being used by our friend's baby (he's getting a convertible seat). The infant diapers are still packed up and need to be rewashed. Yeah I'm slacking big time

Hopeful2BMommy May 15th, 2013 12:49 PM

Clothes are washed and put away, bags are packed, car seat is installed, bouncer and pack n play are put together.
Still need to put swing together.

edgeofelise May 15th, 2013 12:57 PM

We're still waiting on DH's parents to get us the carseat, though we have a back-up in case he comes earlier than expected. We won't install that one unless we need to, though. Other than that we just have the swing to put together which I probably won't do until close to my due date because of lack of space. I don't want DD playing in it. Everything else has been ready for months.

Kyla0709 May 15th, 2013 01:02 PM

I am totally slacking. I prepped the diapers, that's it. In fact, I think I need to reprep them because the detergent I used to prep them made my 3 year old's night time diaper stink big time. I've washed some burp rags, and a couple swaddling blankets. Most of the clothes are already clean as they've just came from my cousin's 5 month old, but I'll probably re wash those. I haven't put together the bouncer, and I decided to forgo the swing this time. I took the playard out of the box but it needs to be put together. I guess taking care of my household as it is, is draining my energy big time and I'll need to wait for that big nesting urge to hit in a couple weeks like I know it will. Oh, I haven't even bought a carseat yet! Ugh. I need to get my van door fixed to I can easily fit a carseat plus our two other's carseats in there. Or else if that doesn't get done, I'll have to play the carseat puzzle trying to fix three of them in my car. Definitely slacking.

MrsLat May 15th, 2013 02:03 PM

All his clothes and blankets are washed and put away. His nook in our room is all set up. Prefolds and covers are prepped, and about half of his pocket diapers are done. I am still waiting for my last shipment of Sunbabies to arrive in the mail.

His bouncer and swing aren't set up because we have a cat and I didn't want him making a bed in either and getting hair all over it before Grayson arrives. I told DH I will have him put it together while I am in the hospital.

We have the car seat cover washed, but we need the car detailed this week before I get it installed.

I feel pretty ready. Just want to get that carseat in and I think I will feel a lot better.

4hearts May 15th, 2013 02:04 PM

Washed baby clothes? Not done
Put baby clothes away? Not done
Put things together (the swing, bouncer) N/A we don't use them.

Do you feel like you are slacking? YES!

Steph625 May 16th, 2013 05:09 AM

I'm ready! Cradle is up, clothes washed and put away, diapers prepped, pack n play set up down stairs, swing together. Just need to install carseat. Stroller is even in car. But that was just to see if it would fit and we just didn't take it out.