JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Freezer Meals (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2650736-freezer-meals.html)

mommyandwife08 May 15th, 2013 10:26 AM

Freezer Meals

Anyone planning on making some freezer meals for when baby comes? What are you going to be making and when will you start (or have you already)?

TeresaV May 15th, 2013 10:42 AM

Re: Freezer Meals

Probably not. DH does most of the cooking here, so I'm sure that will continue. That or I'll be using my Crock Pot more.

rcjh12 May 15th, 2013 11:30 AM

I have big plans, but so far haven't done much of anything. I have been trying to make double batches of things as I go, and then just freezing half, and that seems to work better than planning out a day to cook just to freeze. I plan to make things like chili, spaghetti, lasagna, soups, burritos, etc. Things that can be heated back up easily and that I KNOW my DH and kiddos will eat.

MamaSkunk May 15th, 2013 12:20 PM

I don't need to do that. DH and I both share the cooking usually but he's a much better cook than I am except for Italian I kick his butt on that lol. He did all the cooking during my first tri when I couldn't stand the smell of meat. He will do the cooking after lil man comes. He did after DD was born also and he is great at asking me what I'm craving or want and then he makes it. I'm pretty lucky.

zombiemommy May 15th, 2013 12:37 PM

I asked the hubs if he wanted me to start freezing meals so things would be easier, but he wants to just take over the cooking until I get back into the swing of things. He even suggested that we split the cooking up more evenly from then on. That was one of those "that's why I love you moments."

mommyandwife08 May 15th, 2013 12:41 PM

Well so far my list includes:

Baked ziti
Enchilada's (sauce and cheese separate)
Loaves of bread
Rolls
Chicken broth
Shredded chicken
Burgers (and buns)
Tomato sauce
Scones (savory and sweet)
Biscuits
pie (strawberry and apple)
cookies
Lasagna
pizza
calzones
banana bread
muffins
sliced veggies
breakfast burritos
shredded beef
tortillas
meatballs
pasta

I am planning on the first weekend in June being my freezer meal cooking weekend. Hopefully I will be able to get it all done.

QueenCrafty May 15th, 2013 12:47 PM

My friend is hosting a freezer meal party in a few weeks that I think I'll go to. She sells food products that don't have preservatives and random crap, so she does these workshops to earn extra money. The food this time sounds really yummy and it would be really convenient. DH has never taken time off with babies and he's rarely home for dinner, so freezer meals will be a huge help

beatlechicksteph May 15th, 2013 01:01 PM

I was going to make a TON of freezer meals, but then I stopped at 1 so far. I have stuffed shells and homemade bread dough in the freezer. I think I might try to make one more meal, and then let DH do more of the cooking. Since his repertoire is mainly grilled cheese, pizza, quesadillas and cheese cake, I want to put some stuff in the freezer for variety. Then, my parents are coming out here for a week, adn my mom said she would cook for us, and she wants to make us some freezer meals for when they leave :)

Hopeful2BMommy May 15th, 2013 03:01 PM

I want to. So far all I've done is lasagna.

crawmommy May 15th, 2013 03:25 PM

My friend is coming over this weekend to help me prepare a bunch. She is awesome and is also going to give me recipes she thinks will be good AND a complete shopping list :) I call her my chef friend bc she has a food blog, a recipe book and has appeared on local news stations for her cooking abilities.

Here is a link to her blog if anyone wants to check it out!

Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats