JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Unexpected Dr Appt Today (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2650782-unexpected-dr-appt-today.html)

TeresaMomTo2Boys May 15th, 2013 01:13 PM

Unexpected Dr Appt Today

I was having severe pain almost like lil man was trying to break free last night through my ribs and contractions (or at least what felt like menstrual cramps) all night last night especially laying on left side. This morning I had to call into work again because of them and feeling nauseated.
I called the Dr's office and nurses line called back and explained what I COULD be feeling was just Trey getting into position or my cervix dilating. But after I told her with my first child I never really felt the contractions as she described (like women in movies/tv shows screaming and buckling to the floor) and I only really got back labor, she scheduled me to come in for the Dr to check me.

I only gained 1.3lbs since last week's appt and the dr said I am closer to a 2cm but not quite there. She also felt his head so she confirmed he is head down and she said I am JUST NOW thinning out but still thick enough right now. She said I could be this way for the next 3-4 weeks or I could go into labor and deliver tomorrow. The dr informed me to keep timing my contractions and if they get to be 5-7 minutes apart consistently for at least 30-40 minutes to go into L&D and have them monitor me for 2 hours. Oh and she also went ahead and did my GBS (group B strep) test. I will hopefully get results before next appointment

MamaSkunk May 15th, 2013 02:26 PM

Re: Unexpected Dr Appt Today

Sounds like Trey is just giving you heck lol. Try taking a bath that's what helps mine stop when they start up.

crawmommy May 15th, 2013 02:31 PM

We are all getting so close...crazy! Hopefully Trey will stay put a little longer

QueenCrafty May 15th, 2013 05:26 PM

Hope he stays put for a bit longer! Try to take it easy, feet up, and drink plenty of water

~Traci~ May 15th, 2013 05:28 PM

That sounds exactly like what I felt today. I left work early because I had this horrible pain near my left rib. It was awful and I felt like I was going to pass out. It was a constant pain for about 20 min., so I don't think it was contractions. I never had contractions with my first so I really don't know what to expect. I called the dr. and they said to lay down. The pain finally subsided. I hope I don't have to experience that again. It was not fun!

TeresaMomTo2Boys May 15th, 2013 05:53 PM

I have had the last 3 days off from work thankfully I have an LOA (Leave of Absence) but I am going to attempt to go back tomorrow. My fingers/hands and toes are swollen and on one foot it looks like I have a cankle....ugh one thing I hate about pregnancy. But I have been pretty much laying down all day downing cup after cup of water