JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   What's in the diaper bag? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2650960-whats-diaper-bag.html)

bobbiejo1982 May 16th, 2013 07:56 AM

What's in the diaper bag?

I got a diaper bag at my shower and started packing it with stuff so i could get more organized. What do you all include in there? I don't really plan on going out much when we have him home at first I'm just preparing and organizing.

I think I put a pack of wipes, hand sanitizer, travel size lotion and powder. some desitin. Not sure what else.

No diapers yet but I will.

crawmommy May 16th, 2013 08:12 AM

Re: What's in the diaper bag?

2changes of baby clothes and a change for yourself

Kyla0709 May 16th, 2013 08:14 AM

It's been so long since I've had to pack a diaper bag, I just can't remember all the stuff that has to go in it! I think I will put a change of clothes in there for sure, blowouts are a for sure thing with babies. A few diapers and inserts plus a wet bag and a pack of wipes. Probably an additional pair of undies and flushable kid wipes for my bigger kids. A burp rag and my nursing wrap, and a couple changes of nursing pads. A thin blanket, and my baby wrap. Plus the stuff I already carry in my purse, a snack for my kiddos, my wallet, sanitizer, a travel brush, chapstick, sunglasses, keys. Dang, I'm glad I have a big bag!

crawmommy May 16th, 2013 08:32 AM

2changes of baby clothes and a change for yourself

zkat May 16th, 2013 08:41 AM

Def. need some burp clothes/swaddling blankets

Mom2LillieAidan May 16th, 2013 09:04 AM

I will have 2-3 extra onesies/outfits, diapers, wipes, extra binkies (pacis), a pair of socks, 1 receiving blanket, scented poopy diaper bags (got some at my baby shower), hand sanitizer, breast pads, nursing cover, other misc nursing/pumping items, burp cloths, lotion, and wet wipes (to wipe down the little changing pad that came with the bag when needed). Thankfully it's a big(ish) bag. Also, wallet, keys, and probably bottled water for me.

ETA: the scented poopy bags are also good for bagging clothes that have been pooped in/soiled in some way.

rcjh12 May 16th, 2013 10:07 AM

I have:

Diapers
Wipes
Changing pad
Nursing cover
Sling
Extra outfits (x2 for baby, shirt for me)
Socks
Receiving blanket
Wet bag for diapers
Mini disposable bags
Travel size baby lotion, wash, etc.
Hand sanitizer
Chapstick
Nursing pads, lanolin, etc.
Health/grooming kit (thermometer, nasal aspirator, comb, etc.)
Burp cloths
Notepad/pen (for tracking feedings, or whatever other random thing that comes up)

And I'm sure I'm forgetting something. I have a decent sized bag, and with my boys I was constantly going out and forgetting something, so I'm trying to be well prepared this go-round. I'll probably toss in snacks and a water bottle before we go out, but won't keep that stuff in there all the time.