JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   4hearts (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2653176-4hearts.html)

MommaMandaPanda89 May 24th, 2013 08:53 AM

4hearts

Heyyy! :) How are you feeling today?

4hearts May 24th, 2013 09:15 AM

Re: 4hearts

Great! LOL, I JUST sent you a PM finally. It's been a busy week and my thoughts were all over the place. It's stinkin hot here in FL today. So, I'll be inside in the AC all day. I have so much to do in here anyways so..

How are you feeling? How's the weather in TX? Were you affected by the twisters? The one in Oklahoma came within 5 miles of my IL's place but they are ok.

MommaMandaPanda89 May 24th, 2013 11:33 AM

I'm glad you are doing great!! i JUST sent you one back...holy crap I didn't realize I could talk so much :p
My thoughts are always all over the place...randomness is exciting though!

Ugh! It's hot here in Texas today too. And humid...yuck! I'm happy to be sitting in my AC'd office today. It's suppose to rain tomorrow which usually cools it down a few degrees, so I'm looking forward to that.
Maybe that's what the weather is telling you...stay in, do other stuff lol.

I'm feeling pretty good today. I am glad I'm not as tired as I was yesterday. I was falling asleep listening to the lady at the WIC office about breast feeding. NOT a time to NOT be zoning out. lol
Thankfully we had not much of the effects from the Twisters up north. I saw the damage to OK, just really sad. I'm glad that your IL's are okay!
We had some wind, and rain and hail (at 87* outside) which was really different...but it only lasted about two hours. It was nothing to cause a lot of damage.

When's your next appointment?

4hearts May 24th, 2013 09:26 PM

We'll get along great, bc I'm pretty chatty myself!

My next appointment is Tuesday. And weekly thereafter. I had to cancel my appointment this week bc DH was sick and couldn't watch the kids and kids aren't allowed at my OB. I wasn't sad though bc baby and I are doing fine and I didn't feel like driving an hour to an appointment.

When's your next appointment? You're so close!

I'm so glad the twisters didn't get you. Our area is prone to them and it freaks me out bc we don't have a storm seller or anything. Those aren't common here. Anyways, I'm soo tired so I'm going to bed but I'll msg you back tomorrow.

:hearts:

MommaMandaPanda89 May 25th, 2013 08:41 AM

Good, I'm glad. We can type our little fingers away then :eek:

Oh wow, my next appointment is Tuesday as well! This is my third week of weekly appointments. Starting those weekly appointments makes me really realize I must be close.
I can understand not wanting to drive an hour away for a doctors appointment...boo that's a long drive - but I hope Dh gets to feeling better.

I'm glad that they didn't really get us either!
Living in California I can deal with an earthquake...a little rumbling of the ground, but the tornado weather isn't my thing....winds that blow things over, and take houses and move them miles away - I could live without.

No rush :D Take your time. I hope you had a good evening!!

4hearts May 28th, 2013 08:32 AM

What time is your apt today? Mine's at 2:15 EST. I'm really hoping it's in and out bc I'm just not in the mood or ready to go over the hardcore birth plans for a few reasons.

Last night I worked on the temporary nursery which is my DD's room. I'm going to have to kick thm out for th first month or so until I'm healed from the c/s bc their bed is the only place in the house that's the right height for me to get in and out of with an incision. We bed-share bc it makes nursing so much easier so we don't use a crib but we do have a bassinet for daytime naps. Anyways, I moved their bed and some other furniture around to make room for the changing table and had to sweep all the junk from under the furniture that's been trapped there. I'm about half done in there but it feels good to have gotten at least started on it since I'm 37 weeks today.

Do you have a nursery? What do you have left for baby prep? Have a good apt today!

MommaMandaPanda89 May 28th, 2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4hearts (Post 27399655)
What time is your apt today? Mine's at 2:15 EST. I'm really hoping it's in and out bc I'm just not in the mood or ready to go over the hardcore birth plans for a few reasons.

Last night I worked on the temporary nursery which is my DD's room. I'm going to have to kick thm out for th first month or so until I'm healed from the c/s bc their bed is the only place in the house that's the right height for me to get in and out of with an incision. We bed-share bc it makes nursing so much easier so we don't use a crib but we do have a bassinet for daytime naps. Anyways, I moved their bed and some other furniture around to make room for the changing table and had to sweep all the junk from under the furniture that's been trapped there. I'm about half done in there but it feels good to have gotten at least started on it since I'm 37 weeks today.

Do you have a nursery? What do you have left for baby prep? Have a good apt today!

Oh how funny, my appointment is at 2:15CDT. I can understand that...honestly my doctor hasn't really said anything to me about birth plans which is odd, and he basically told me I just have to go with the flow since I'm "going in to this blind" since I haven't had birthing classes....which is crazy to me, but whatever. There are a few things I will make sure to tell him, and my DF knows that we absolutely do and do not want to happen when she is brought into this world.

That's a good idea, and I hear that it makes feedings so much easier. LOL I kept reading everyone's posts and felt sooo behind on my nursery so I can relate to you a lot with that. I'm glad you got some stuff done, I'm sure that has helped ease the stress quite a bit.
I'm in SHOCK that I will be 39 weeks on Thursday....

I do have a nursery now, which I will have to post pictures of. Although she won't be in there at first. I bought a bassinet to go in mine and DF's room so that she will be right next to me to make feedings easier.
The only thing I really feel like I haven't done yet for her is pack our bags lol. I have YET to complete that. I just....feel so lost at what to pack. Not only is she my first, but I've never stayed in the hospital before...so I feel lost. I'm trying to think of it as what I would pack to go away for a few days, but it's so different haha.
What else do you feel like you absolutely HAVE to do before your little one gets here?

Thank you! I hope you have a good appointment as well!! You should be there now :)

4hearts May 30th, 2013 09:51 AM

That's too funny that your apt was the same time as mine technically but an hour off in timezone. I've been wondering about you this morning bc of that lady's prediction. Your nursery is so cute :)

I'm going to be working on mine in a few. I located some baby clothes and cloth diapers so I'm going to be loading them up in the dresser and changing table.

Try not to stress about 'the bag'. I've found that ppl make way too big a deal out of it. Here's a list from my hospital website that I find pretty accurate:

Things You Should Bring to the Hospital:
When you arrive at the hospital you will only need to bring in a small bag containing your labor supplies.
Please leave all other luggage in the car. These other items can be retrieved after the delivery. Please leave all valuables at home.

Labor and Delivery Supplies for Mom
• Important phone numbers
• Note paper & pencil
• Photo ID and insurance cards
• Camera & extra batteries (film, if needed)
•Your choice of music to labor with (each labor
has a DVD that can play CDs)
• Toothbrush & toothpaste
• Hairbrush, hair clips or hairbands
• Lip moisturizer, Chap Stick
• Socks
• Slippers or comfortable shoes
•Pillows, if you will want more than what
is offered
•Bathing suit top or extra comfort bra for
laboring tubs
• Contact lens case and solution, eyeglasses
• Baby book for footprints
• Lotion or powder for massage
•Snacks & drinks (ask your nurse about eating
or drinking during & after labor)
•Birth ball and/or other labor aids (the Women’s
Pavilion has birthing balls available, please ask
the nurse if you are interested)

Additional Items
•money for parking – parking is $1.00 per visit.
There is no parking attendant so ones are best
to have on hand. You may also purchase parking
tokens inside the Women’s Pavilion.
•money for vending machines – vending
machines are available when the gift shop is
closed. The gift shop may not be able to provide
change.

Mom’s Bag
•Nightgowns or PJ’s and Robe (button down or
nursing wear for breastfeeding)
•Underwear
•Nursing bras
•Nursing Pads
•Toiletries (shampoo, soap, deodorant)
•Comfortable clothes to wear home.

Partner’s Bag
•Sleepwear
•Clothes
•Easy on shoes (for walking around the room)
•Snacks & drinks (each Family Care room has a
mini fridge for your convenience)
•Photo ID (visitors will need to provide security
with ID in exchange for a visitors pass, this
includes partners)
Baby’s Bag
•2 to 3 outfits
•Special outfit for First Photo
•Onsies
•3 receiving blankets
•1 heavy blanket during winter months
•Pacifiers (sterilize and put in a plastic bag)
Don’t forget the Car Seat

My list of things I have left to do is so long still but mainly getting our home organized and the baby's things out and washed. I've purchased all the essentials and I know the drill on going to hossy and have arrangements made for my parents watching the other kiddos. I'm going to be printing up a birthplan (mainly aftercare plan) by Monday bc I have an apt with baby's dr about baby's aftercare. I'm preregistered already but I haven't packed my bags yet. I want to have it done by the weekend though. One less thing to deal with.

At 40 weeks I'm going to dye my hair and get a haircut and have DH detail the van and install our carseat.

Things are coming together. It's just taking a while and a lot of effort.

How are you today?

MommaMandaPanda89 May 30th, 2013 01:50 PM

That list seems perfect! Thank you! I printed it out, and it seems like I have most of everything taken care of. Although I do think I will pack a smaller bag with my labor stuff, and then have a larger bag to stay in the car until I get to my room - that's really smart.

I think the ladies prediction was wrong...well has been so far. I don't feel any of what seems to be labor symptoms. Same 'ol same 'ol. A little bit of pains in my back...but nothing out of the ordinary. She may be wrong, although the day isn't over yet haha.:smile:

Well at least you have a "list". This site honestly gave me the motivation to get things done...I would come to work and read everyone's postings and how much further along they were then me, and then I would go home and get $h!t done thinking I was so far behind.
This being your fourth it's probably easier knowing what to expect from your body and what you need...I would be super lazy about stuff if I knew more of what to expect! ((not saying you are lazy - gosh I hope that didn't come out wrong))

When things start coming together it is such an accomplishment. I really like that feeling!! I hope you are starting to get some of that feeling so that you can not be as stressed :)
That's a good time to do that! I should set that goal too if I don't pop before then....one more week and I'll be 40 weeks.

I'm doing pretty good today. Pretty over being pregnant, and Totally over working full-time, but I guess it's alright. How are youuu doing?

4hearts May 31st, 2013 10:32 AM

Weird symbol that showed on my list. It used to be a dot, LOL.

So, how goes it today? Have you taken your 39 weeks belly pic? I don't do those this pg. I swore I was gonna when I was TCCing this one but became too lazy and only took them sporadically but I did manage to get a few at least. The next one is going to be when I'm about to leave for the hospital I've decided.

Just checking that you got my last pm about the contact info. Were you wanting to try to update me or are you going to post it yourself? Just curious :D . I'm getting really excited for you!!

Nothing new on my end besides how frickin uncomfortable I've been this week. I think the baby tap-dances on my cervix (breech baby) bc I get shooting pains when I walk. Also, I think I pulled some sort of stomach muscle bc it's super painful to sneeze and sleeping is horrible now. I'm only comfortable on my back and it feels weird to sleep like that.

Glad you got your packing mostly done.. I'm still draggin butt on that. I've also been kinda down in the dumps today. I guess stress has turned into depression. I'm tired.

Are you waiting to leave work until the big day? With my first I worked 2 jobs until the last month then quit the part-time one and then worked the full-time one until I was several days overdue. I COULD NOT do that now! Too old now!

MommaMandaPanda89 May 31st, 2013 02:00 PM

Good afternoon :)
It showed it as a dot on mine, I wonder why it isn't on yours. Odd, but anyway, the list made sense and that's the most important part - thanks again!!

So far so good today, I had an appointment this morning at 8:15 - which went well. Another NST and a cervix check. Everything seems to be moving along - slowly, but surely. The doctor was already talking to me about induction, telling me that we could schedule for this next week. I told him I would like to hold off and hopefully she will come on her own. So I have another appointment on Wednesday to see if there has been any progression and I guess if not he's talking about scheduling my induction at that appointment - I have mixed feelings about that.

I have failed to take my 39 week belly picture yet, but I will this evening and hopefully I'll get to post it tomorrow. I have tried really hard to keep up with that, but it's not as easy as it seems. Remember to do simple things has become a task. I think I will take my 39 weeks pictures, and then we have maternity pictures on sunday morning (as long as I don't go in to labor before then) and I'll do a shot on the way out the door to the hospital....but I'm pretty done taking pictures at this point.
Awww so this little one was planned for you guys? That's really neat!!! :smile:

I did get your last PM, I just need to sit down and write you back! FAIL! :sneak: Hmm, Well I will probably try and keep you posted, I don't know for sure how it will all go, I might be able to post the first post saying I'm off, but then after that it might be easier for me to just get a hold of you. I already saved your e-mail in my phone so I have it.
Thank you! I am starting to get really nervous about all of it now. I wasn't feeling any nerves about it until "induction" was brought up today...made everything seem so....close? ... real? I don't even know the word :rolleyes:

I'm sorry you have been super uncomfortable this week :( That's no fun! Ouch....those shooting pains are NO fun! When she was still able to flip all around I was having pains like that..NOT comfy at all!
Sleeping on your back does feels very odd. I can relate to that. I was sleeping on my back there for a while, now I just feel like I'm suffocating. :p
I hope you start feeling better! :mellow:

I have been really....moody lately as well. Just down in the dumps like you. It's been a rough couple weeks. I hope your stress starts to ease up so that you don't stay upset!!

Yeah I am trying to work until I deliver, but it's getting harder and harder to do. I'm irritable and tired and frustrated...so we will see how that works out. I think I will know more about work after this next doctors appointment on Wednesday. I'm so over working right now!
God bless you woman! I can't hardly stand to work two jobs when i'm NOT preggo! You are better than me!
I mean, I guess you do what you have to do, but sheesh....I give you some big brownie points for that!:D

4hearts June 4th, 2013 09:13 PM

Oh man so much time has passed since i last responded to you! How are you?! TWO days from your duedate!! I'm headed to bed but I will write back properly tomorrow. Thinking of you!

4hearts June 5th, 2013 08:56 PM

I have a sneaking suspicion that you are already cradling Emma in your arms. I really hope all went well if that's the case. If you haven't had her yet I hope all is well with you! I've been thinking about you!

MommaMandaPanda89 July 25th, 2013 07:19 AM

I missed you! I thought soo many times about coming on, but for some reason or another something was holding me up...either feeding the baby, or family being in the way or sitting at my computer, trying to eat....gosh being a new mommy is rough.

I am doing much better now though...we are getting on a pretty good routine. Things are falling in to place and I started back at work on monday.
Ya know, I NEVER thought about being a SAHM until I had her....now I just want to be home with her all day! Thankfully currently I am able to bring her to work with me...how amazing is my boss?!

Your little one is BEAUTIFUL! CONGRATS!!! I'm so sorry I wasn't around when you gave birth. I super suck :(

4hearts July 28th, 2013 10:55 AM

No worries! I know my first month has been insanely busy as well. I sent you a pm. :heart: :heart: