JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Disappointing Dr Appt (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2654941-disappointing-dr-appt.html)

MamaSkunk May 31st, 2013 11:22 AM

Disappointing Dr Appt

Ugh I had my Dr appt today and I am so disappointed. I've had a ton of BH and some actual contractions as well. And back pain and lots of crampiness in general so I hoped today during my cervix check that there would be some progress. None. No dilation, no thinning or effacement. **** thing is locked up tighter than fort Knox. And to make it worse little mans head is still way up high so I have another Ultrasound on Wednesday as they want to make sure he's in the right position and his size. And then MY Dr will be gone the end of next week and all the week after that so next weeks appt is for Tuesday...which...seriously what is she gonna tell me in 4 days? Nothing. And then I won't see her til I'm 39 weeks. I am just so darn frustrated cause I really did not want to go overdue again and I was hoping for some sort of change today to indicate I won't go past due. I really really don't want to have to have pitocin again. :cry::cry::cries::censored: I just want him to come soon so I can hold my little man and I am so jealous of you mamas that already have your babies :( Stupid Cervix! OK rant over.

ashleykathleen May 31st, 2013 11:28 AM

Re: Disappointing Dr Appt

Hugs mama! Just remember, dilation and effacement essentially mean nothing unless you are actually in labor. With my first, I was locked up tight with absolutely nothing going on and 2 days later she was born.

Also, with both my previous pregnancies, I haven't lost any mucous plug or had any bloody show until I was actively having contractions and in labor. I had tons of bloody show yesterday and I have had nothing but randomly timed contractions for the last 24 hours with no indication that things are progressing. Just goes to show that no two pregnancies are alike and mr Tristen will arrive when the time is perfect for him!

edgeofelise May 31st, 2013 11:29 AM

At my VBAC class my instructor kept saying "You could be high and tight and have a baby TONIGHT!"

Don't be discouraged. It could change in an hour. Checks don't tell you anything!

QueenCrafty May 31st, 2013 11:34 AM

I am feeling the same way. At 36 weeks with my girls, I was at least 1cm. I'm also totally closed with this one. We still have quite a bit of time, so try to keep positive!! And I'll try to follow my own advice and stay positive with you :)

Kim3 May 31st, 2013 11:55 AM

We have another couple of weeks. Lots can happen in that time. Somehow I got to 3 by 36 weeks. Had loads of contactions after that cervical check. They did not change a thing. It could happen any day for either of us now. How about we make a deal that I hang in there with you. :p

MarylandMama May 31st, 2013 11:59 AM

My mom was just like that at her last appt with my sister. The doctor told her there was no way she was giving birth in the next week and he would see her at her next appt. She went into labor the next night and didn't realize it (stomach stuff, she thought she was just sick) and my sister was born the afternoon after. So no worries. This def doesn't mean you'll be overdue.

crawmommy May 31st, 2013 12:03 PM

Hang in there due date buddy! I also am getting antsy especially with all these babies being born. Clearly you have very nice housing for baby and he doesn't feel the need to exit yet lol! A lot can change in a few days & heck you have 22 days until your due date :)

Kim3 May 31st, 2013 02:29 PM

I am predicting you will go on the 15th - does that sound like a good date :p I think you need to cozy up to DH tonight. KWIM.

MamaSkunk May 31st, 2013 02:44 PM

I just was hoping for some progress as I really want to go into labor on my own. Thanks for the positive reminders ladies!

Kim lol even the 15th sounds good as long as he comes a little early!

princess136 May 31st, 2013 06:32 PM

I feel your pain. I've been dilated to about a 2-3 and 50% effaced for three weeks. I have tons of BH and really painful contractions, her head is very low, and no progress!!!

I hope we both deliver soon and get to hold our sweet babies.

dmreed32 May 31st, 2013 06:42 PM

My last two checks he said " nothing going on down here!" If he
Weren't an old man I might've kicked him in the face.

MamaSkunk May 31st, 2013 08:40 PM

Dawn that's exactly what my Dr said. :( I'm trying to remember what Danielle posted up above and stay positive though.

navywifey2003 May 31st, 2013 10:38 PM

Hang in there hun! This is why I dont like cervical checks early on sometimes they can do more harm than good. I totally believe you will go into labor on your own!

Kim3 June 1st, 2013 03:55 AM

Karry - I am volunteering for a charity today where I have to do a couple hours of prep for a charity dinner. Then I need to run home and get all dolled up for the evening (yeah - getting all fancy at 37+ weeks pg). Then there is a 2 hour coctail hour (on the feet) followed by a dinner. Everyone is fully expecting my water to break during the event. Here is a deal you cannot refuse. Any and all contractions I feel today are getting sent to you! Watch out - they could happen around 5:30 :p We will not let you go past your due date. We will not permit induction for you. We will work together to get these babies out prior to June 21/22.

MamaSkunk June 1st, 2013 06:22 AM

Lol Kim! OK I will take em! Have a good time at your charity event!!