JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Weekend Finishing Touches (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2655072-weekend-finishing-touches.html)

navywifey2003 May 31st, 2013 10:47 PM

Weekend Finishing Touches

Are all your finishing touches done in preparation for the birth of your baby?
What finishing touches are you hoping to finish this weekend?

MissyBee May 31st, 2013 11:43 PM

Re: Weekend Finishing Touches

We got our downstairs living room all cleaned up today and took a car load of stuff to Goodwill, mostly stuff from the kitchen. I'm hoping we can get the kitchen reorganized tomorrow and all cleaned up. Then we still need to organize & clean the dining room, which has become a little bit like storage because we don't use it and stuff has just accumulated there! We have some other small things to do and we need to do some serious cleaning, but we're getting close. And after this weekend we should be almost done with everything we want to do. So that hopefully if he shows up next week, we would have most everything done. His room is ready and our guest room is basically ready, which we will need, so that's good. I just don't want people coming to my house to stay or see the baby in the condition the rest of it is in! Haha. I'm hoping my nesting will kick in soon so I can get some serious cleaning done!

QueenCrafty June 1st, 2013 04:02 AM

I don't have time to even get started on the bedding or curtains this weekend. At least DH painted the room and chandelier, and the furniture was already set up from before. I've got continuing education class for my real estate license this morning. Then this afternoon is dress rehearsal for Lily's recital. Tomorrow afternoon is the dance recital. I need to do tons of laundry just so we have clean clothes for next week. How in the world am I going to fit in the time to do anything with another baby? I'm starting to freak out.

ashleykathleen June 1st, 2013 06:48 AM

We need to finally set up the swing and I really need to pack my hospital bag (I'm a big procrastinator lol). Other than that, just spending our last weekend as a family of four enjoying each other's company!

Madison.Hailey.Zack June 1st, 2013 06:54 AM

We are pretty much set on everything but the girls and hubby are going to paint my belly tonight. I feel confident thought that I have the whole month to finish anything that comes up.

4hearts June 1st, 2013 07:56 AM

:hahano: Still have so much to do in the bedrooms. I'd like to finish the temp nursery before the weekend is over and print out my birthplan.

MarylandMama June 1st, 2013 08:18 AM

We are definitely ready if Lena decides to show up today, but there are still things that could be done around the house. (Since we just moved in two months ago, there will be lots of little things to do for a while.) DH is putting up the ceiling fan in the guest room in just a few minutes and then taking some boxes he has just set in the living room to the basement. I should really so dome laundry and get the last of the bottle and pump stuff cleaned. On a non-baby related note, this afternoon, my mom and I are putting flowers that I dried from my grandfather's funeral into the shadow boxes we made when my grandmother passed. Then this evening, DH and I are having one last date night since we probably won't get one for our anniversary or my bday this summer.

crawmommy June 1st, 2013 09:15 AM

Dh needs to build the wall in the basement & hang dry wall...but he is going golfing or a bachelor party instead...arrrgggg!
-set up movement monitors
-hang shelf in dd's room
-finish prepping new prefolds
-bring stuff leftover from garage sale to goodwill.
-buy diaper pail &liners
Finish packing hospital bag for dd & myself(this should have been done weeks ago)...dh is on his own!
-file paper clutter in kitchen
-put winter clothes away
-find another bassinet
Yea...I have a lot to do!

TeresaMomTo2Boys June 1st, 2013 09:52 AM

We need To set Up and make up the crib....that's the last thing that needs to be done. Then tomorrow after church I'm having a diaper shower where church members give me diapers/wipes/etc.

hilachu June 1st, 2013 02:40 PM

pack my hospital bag
take all of my son's things to my cousin's to sell at her garage sale in a couple of weeks
just keeping up with daily household stuff and thats about it =)

TeresaMomTo2Boys June 1st, 2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2aidan (Post 27412042)
We need To set Up and make up the crib....that's the last thing that needs to be done. Then tomorrow after church I'm having a diaper shower where church members give me diapers/wipes/etc.

FINISHED...the crib at least. Now to just break down the pack n play and put it downstairs for the in laws to have down there (or to just keep down there when I am downstairs and don't feel like going all the way upstairs to put baby asleep.