JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Induction tomorrow- really bummed (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2655315-induction-tomorrow-really-bummed.html)

ashleykathleen June 2nd, 2013 10:45 AM

Induction tomorrow- really bummed

Sooooo...after a long week of hoping and waiting for little miss to come on her own, looks like I'm going to be induced first thing in the morning. I had tons of bloody show on Thursday, have been having really uncomfortable contractions off and on since Wednesday, yet here we still are. I guess I'm glad that she had the extra time to bake and I know in my heart that it is safer for her to go ahead come out now instead of waiting even longer since my fluid levels are still on the rise...I'm just really bummed about her not coming on her own. I really want a natural labor and I'm really afraid if they use pitocin that the contractions will be too much for me to handle.

I'm going to ask my dr if they can break my water first and see if that gets things going without pitocin since I've already had so much stuff going on.

Anyone ever been induce and NOT had an epidural??

navywifey2003 June 2nd, 2013 10:56 AM

Re: Induction tomorrow- really bummed

Huge hugs hun. I hope you have an amazing birth no matter what happens. I hope that you are far enough dilated that breaking your water is an option. I will be thinking about you.

zkat June 2nd, 2013 11:33 AM

I hope since it seems you are in very early labor, the induction will just help it along and not be unbearable for you.

MamaSkunk June 2nd, 2013 12:40 PM

I've not had an epidural Ashley. I was technically induced as my water broke and I was not contracting or dialating. I did 24 hours of pitocin induced contractions with no pain medication. It did suck and was hard but it totally can be done!! Hugsss hope you a speedy natural delivery tommorow! ELVs!

crawmommy June 2nd, 2013 12:50 PM

Me.
I was induced with dd and was started on pitocin right away. I was fine until they broke my water that is when contractions became stronger. a couple hours later I opted for some nubain(IV drug) so I could take a nap. All the nubain did was knock me it for a couple hours then the pain relief wore off and I was just left drowsy but could feel all pain for remaining contractions & pushing.

You can do it!!

This time I am also going to have them break my water first!

4hearts June 2nd, 2013 02:36 PM

I've never been induced so I can't say but I am wishing you ELV's and I think that popping your water first is a great idea and maybe try nubain before resorting to epi. But, I really have no experience to be recommending things. GL with everything!!