JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Last minute baby stuff (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2657387-last-minute-baby-stuff.html)

MarylandMama June 9th, 2013 07:17 PM

Last minute baby stuff

For those still pregnant, what last minute stuff are you trying to get done before your little one shows up?

I decided on a whim today to make a giant vat of pasta sauce to freeze in meals. I had washed and pulled too much basil, so I also made a pesto sauce for dinner tomorrow. Other than that, I think we're pretty ready to roll. Just wondering what else you all are doing and if there is something I have forgotten without even realizing it.

4hearts June 9th, 2013 08:19 PM

Re: Last minute baby stuff

As we speak I'm washing some more baby stuff and then I'll be caught up with that. I pulled out the bassinet that I'll use around the house during the daytime. I need to still finish packing our bags but it will take only a few moments and some of it is in the wash. About to print out my people to contact list in case I'm too loopy from perkoset and morphine after the c/s to remember phone numbers.

Besides that baby stuff I need to finish getting the home organized and cleaned. I'm making very slow progress on that bc of the pinched nerve in my back. Also, I try not to stand too long so my ankles won't swell.

IF I get the house the way I want it and still haven't had baby then I may contemplate making freezer meals but I'm not pushing it.

Oh yea, and I'm going to be making my cloth wipes soon. I'm kind excited about that :) I may even work on it tonight but probably not.

And sometime soon I'm going to nag DH to detail the car.

MamaSkunk June 10th, 2013 12:05 AM

I still am trying to get the house in order and cleaned the way I want it. But its been difficult the weather has been rainy and dreary for weeks and so I've been lacking in motivation to do anything and when its nice I've been hauling my butt outside lol. I also need to get a list printed up of DDs daily routine for whoever ends up watching her. Also need to get car seats switched around(DH says why worry and do it now when he can install it while I'm at the hospital but I won't wait that long lol)
Also need to double check my hospital bag and try and make sure I have everything I need.

MissyBee June 10th, 2013 01:22 AM

We're just trying to get the house clean. It seems that in order to get one room clean, we make a huge mess in another! (And sometimes one that was already cleaned & organized.) Ugh. I'm kind of to the point of not being able to do much, so I told my husband whatever we get done is great, but we may not get everything done. Or little man may stay in past his due date and we could get it all done. We will just have to wait and see! Either way, the house is much cleaner and in better shape than we were a few months ago. Though he says we're the only people who know that. Bc it still looks a mess! Haha.

mommy220 June 10th, 2013 04:05 AM

I feel better because we got a huge to do list mostly completed yesterday.

I placed another amazon order with little things we needed like an extra carseat base, memory card, bath tub insert, etc.

I still want to rewash all her 0-3 month clothes because we bought a new dresser, washed and put her clothes away, and now they stink like the varnish of the wood. So I am going to rewash them and let the drawers air out for a few days.

I also need to check my hospital bag as I was throwing in so many clothes the other day I think I need to check it. I also need to pack my daughter's grandparent bag. Other than that we are good.

I still have not made any freezer meals, but I may do that this weekend if I am still preggo.

mommyandwife08 June 10th, 2013 04:29 AM

I have yet to pack a hospital bag so I should get that done but I think I am going to wait until I am actually in labor or about to be induced. I think everything for this baby is done. I need to go buy a few more small inserts for our cloth diapers, which I am thinking about doing after my appointment today. I also want to get the house deep cleaned before she gets here but I will wait on that until I know she is coming soon otherwise it would be pointless.

bribugg13 June 10th, 2013 06:51 AM

We went to the storage unit this weekend and pulled out the essentials we will need when she gets here; the car seat, travel swing, bouncer, pack n play/bassinet....since we'll still be living with the ILs for a few weeks after she's born, there's not much else I need to do!

sunnydaze June 10th, 2013 07:48 AM

http://pinlavie.com/wp-content/uploa...yLtDq8Nt_c.jpg

I've been stranded on the couch for the last couple days and I'm afraid I'll be riding out the next 6 days til my Csection here so Ive been doing sit down crafts. Currently I'm working on this mobile.

cheerfulsunrise June 10th, 2013 02:01 PM

we still have to install the car seat. I also ordered some more cloth diapers that i will need to prep once they get here before the baby comes (I think I will be too busy afterwards, plus I want them to be ready for her!).

QueenCrafty June 10th, 2013 05:47 PM

I need to finish sewing bedding but I've made tons of progress there. I need to wash sheets, swaddle blankets, and burp cloths. I need to wash the newborn and 0-3 month clothes. I also need to wash all my tiny diapers. We need to put up the wall decal for his name, but we're waiting til the bedding and washing gets done in case my mom needs to help me put it away (we're keeping the name secret from my family). I still have a mobile I need to make and curtains but those might be after the baby is born. Carseat needs to be installed. And I need to finish packing my hospital bag. I have a few things in there but not much.

SassySami June 10th, 2013 09:57 PM

cleaning, take pictures, sleep, lol